• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

What Laws

HIM

Freshman
Reaction score
2 Corinthians Verse 3:3 tells us we are the epistles of Christ ministered by the Spirit. Written, not with ink or even engraved in stone. But epistles made by the Spirit of the living God writing in the fleshly tables of our hearts.

We the Epistles of Christ were ministered by the Spirit which made us abled ministers of the New Covenant, whose sufficiency is of God and not of ourselves.

So what was written in the fleshly tables of our hearts? Or what is of the Spirit that has made us the epistles of Christ? Abled bodied ministers whose sufficiency is not of ourselves, but of God's Spirit? Why has God given us His Spirit?

As to why Ezekiel through God is pretty clear. He says that we will have God's Spirit to walk in God's statutes and keep, guard His ordinances and judgments. So where we walking? If not in the statutes for which the Spirit was given, then what spirit do we have?

Ezek 11:19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:
Ezek 11:20 That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God.

Ezek 36:27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

We know that there are two spirits in this world that govern the hearts of men. David through God said the Spirit of our Lord and God will make His words known unto us. So what if what we think we know in respect to His word doesn't align but contradicts with what has already been revealed? Like was seen in Ezekiel. We are given God's Spirit to walk in His Statutes and guard, keep His judgements and ordinances. What if we think differently? Who spirit is causing that?

Prov 1:23 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.

Isaiah through God speaks of a covenant to which God's Spirit is upon us, and He has put His Word in our mouths and it shall not depart. But because of most departing from which has already been revealed His Word is no longer there, their own words are.

Isa 59:21 As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the LORD; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the LORD, from henceforth and for ever.

Moses through God in Deut29:1 speaks of this Covenant that Isaiah was moved to share. But in Speaking, God through him gives us more information. He says He will circumcise our hearts to Love the Lord our God that we may Live. With this circumcision, cutting away of our hearts He will put His Word in our mouths and hearts that we do it by His Voice, His Word. To which we are commanded to hearken unto. And this voice is saying that we are to keep His commandments and statutes contained in the Book of the Law. And turn unto Him in which have our do with our heart, and with all our soul. And His Voice, His Word is not in heaven or in the depths of the sea that we need send someone like Moses to get it. But as was said and confirmed by Paul in his paraphrase of these text in Romans 10:6-8. His Word, His voice is in our hearts and mouths that we do it.

However Take note in Deuteronomy 30:10. THE JUDGEMENTS are not mentioned as being that we keep in the hearkening unto His voice, His word that is in our hearts and mouths that we do them and Love Him with all our being.

Deut 29:1 These are the words of the covenant, which the LORD commanded Moses to make with the children of Israel in the land of Moab, beside the covenant which he made with them in Horeb.
Deut 30:10 If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.
Deut 30:11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off.
Deut 30:12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
Deut 30:13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
Deut 30:14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.

Deut 30:6 And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

So when we get to Jeremiah and His giving of the New Covenant, we should take note that in Deut 29-30 it was already given. Just in different words. And in these words we see what Law God has put in our hearts and our inward parts, minds that we need not teach our neighbor and brother to know the Lord. And that law is the Book of the Law with the statutes and commandments of our Lord and God.

The issue was and is today. Most do not accept it or keep in it. Therefore when Jeremiah speaks it through God, He states it as something in the future. In reality it was manifested in the future more so in Moses' ministry in Christ and then in His disciples through His death and resurrection. But as was said most don't believe and stay within His guidance so here we are teaching our brother.

Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
Jer 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Jer 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

We can never learn if we think we are learnt. The greatest thing we can know is we don't know anything. At that point we can learn.

We can never learn if we think we are learnt.
That is NOT what any of those scriptures state AND that claim defies the fact Paul was a profoundly "learnt" man.
The greatest thing we can know is we don't know anything. At that point we can learn.
That is Socrates, not God. Scripture, in various ways, informs us God is a God of knowledge, understanding and wisdom Who created creatures in His image with faculties of knowledge understanding and wisdom and placed them in a knowable creation to known and be known by Him. Furthermore, the title asks, "What Laws?" when nearly everything Jesus taught in the gospels can be found in the OT and all of the NT writers frequently cited the Law of Moses while elaborating on the Law of the Spirit and they did so with both Jewish and Gentile converts to Christ. Ironically, Deuteronomy 29 and 30, and Jeremiah 31:31-34 are examples of that fact!

That is Socrates,
We did not get that from Socrates or anyone for that matter. And Paul had to blinded to everything before he could see.. As for the rest of your comments about the signature they are unrelated to the op.
take care

We did not get that from Socrates or anyone for that matter.
Yes, you did.
And Paul had to blinded to everything before he could see.
And that has nothing to do with, "The greatest thing we can know is we don't know anything. At that point we can learn." Absolutely nothing. In fact, those two sentences directly oppose what is reported in Saul's Damascus road experience and his subsequent conversion to Christ because Jesus chose a person who knew quite a lot. Jesus did NOT choose a man based on his supposed not knowing anything. Saul was one of the most intelligent and most educated of men in his day and a man exceedingly knowledgeable about both God's word AND pagan life. As far as the report of scripture goes, he is unrivaled among ordinary men in that regard. It was because of his knowledge - his known knowledge - that he realized the truth of Jesus' words, "I am Jesus whom you are persecuting, but get up and enter the city, and it will be told to you what you must do." Saul was a man who had been prepared by God since before he was born to be the guy God would make him to be. Paul was blinded, but the scripture does not say he HAD to be blinded. It just says that is what happened. The fact was Saul was already blind and blinded, long before he was struck blind and knocked off his donkey on the road to Damascus. As a Pharisee, he'd heard Jesus teach and he was there among the other Pharisees when Jesus' teaching was discussed and debated. Saul's teacher was Gamliel, one of the four greatest teachers in all of Judaism, the guy who scripture records saying, "...stay away from these men and let them alone, for if this plan or action is of men, it will be overthrown; but if it is of God, you will not be able to overthrow them; or else you may even be found fighting against God," (see verses 34-39).

Socrates, not God, said, "I was conscious that I knew practically nothing," and that has become "The only thing I know is that I know nothing," millennia later. It's not scripture. What scripture states is,

1 Corinthians 1:18-25
For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written, "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and the cleverness of the clever I will set aside. Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. For indeed Jews ask for signs and Greeks search for wisdom; but we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling block and to Gentiles foolishness, but to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

Paul was quoting from Isaiah.

Isaiah 29:11-14
The entire vision will be to you like the words of a sealed book, which when they give it to the one who is literate, saying, "Please read this," he will say, "I cannot, for it is sealed." Then the book will be given to the one who is illiterate, saying, "Please read this." And he will say, "I cannot read." Then the Lord said, "Because this people draw near with their words and honor Me with their lip service, but they remove their hearts far from Me, And their reverence for Me consists of tradition learned by rote, Therefore behold, I will once again deal marvelously with this people, wondrously marvelous; and the wisdom of their wise men will perish, and the discernment of their discerning men will be concealed."

The Paul who wrote those words to the Corinthian saints was the Saul whose wisdom had perished and brought into illumination by the revelation of God that is in Christ. In Simon God used an uneducated man, changing his name to Peter. In Saul God used an edicated man, changing his name to Paul.
As for the rest of your comments about the signature they are unrelated to the op.
The op proves otherwise. What you may have intended does not reconcile with the actual content of the opening pots (which explicitly quotes from the Law) and the onus is on you to better articulate and clarify the intent of the op, not incorrectly report the rest of Post 2 is off-topic.
So when we get to Jeremiah and His giving of the New Covenant, we should take note that in Deut 29-30 it was already given. Just in different words. And in these words we see what Law God has put in our hearts and our inward parts, minds that we need not teach our neighbor and brother to know the Lord. And that law is the Book of the Law with the statutes and commandments of our Lord and God.
I completely agree but that is not the whole story. The fact is Deuteronomy 29-30 (as well as the chapters before and after those two chapters) are also asserted and applied in the New Testament to both Jewish and Gentile converts to Christ.
The issue was and is today. Most do not accept it or keep in it.
Prove that claim. Prove "most [Christians] do not accept or keep it." Do not assert it as a given without establishing some evidence proving the veracity of the accusation.
Therefore, when Jeremiah speaks it through God,
You mean "God speaks it through Jeremiah..."
He states it as something in the future.
Yep.
In reality it was manifested in the future more so in Moses' ministry in Christ and then in His disciples through His death and resurrection.
More so than......?????

Is there a Christian, or a group of Christians who deny Jeremiah was referencing Deuteronomy and the two are found in the New Testament? If so, then who is/are that Christian(s)?
But as was said most don't believe and stay within His guidance so here we are teaching our brother.
Well, if you think...
We can never learn if we think we are learnt. The greatest thing we can know is we don't know anything. At that point we can learn.
.... is something scripture teaches and is not something expressed by Socrates sometime during the beginning of the intertestamental period then it is you who does not know anything, should not be teaching our brother(s), but it is at this point you can learn ;).

Start by proving there are Christians that don't already know the content of this op. Or.... amend the op by acknowledging the broad, overgeneralized indictment of an unspecified group of Christians should be removed. State that part should be removed so the rest of the op can be discussed without the unjustified and unsubstantiated incriminations.

And maybe re-state your thesis - the single point of comment or inquiry you specifically want discussed - so you and I can post with clarity, collaboration and, hopefully, mutual edification so that it might benefit others (Eph. 4:29).

I would offer... Why venerate dying flesh and blood under the appointment as judgment to die once ?

Believer must be careful on how they hear who they say they do if they desire a light unto the way. The seed snatcher is right there looking to accuse the brethren

Believers are not to think of the "sent messengers" the English translation of the Greek word "apostle" dying mankind above all things written in the law and prophets (sola scriptura )

It would seem God knew in advance and sent the two messengers, that some call "apostles" the Greek word. English "messenger". Why the obscure????What is the goal?

I would think they would of used the English sent messenger the ones with beatuifull feet .Seems to cause much confusion today. . . . just exactly what is a Apostle and why 12 out of many?.

1 Corinthians 4:6-7 And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another .For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?

Believers are warned of the antichrists', false apostles, false teachers, Teaching the oral traditons of dying mankind, making the living word of God without effect .

All men learn from the Father, the Holy Spirit of Christ. . He guides comforts and last but not least brings to our new born again memories all the things he preciously has taught. Promising us as our confidence if he began the good teaching work in us he will continue till the last day last breath. (Philippians 1:6) it includes the slower learners. Like Peter or my own self jesus aced the test

1 John 2:26-27 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Paul as Saul began serving a law of the fathers a false zeal for knowing our invisible head Christ . The lies of the father of lies oral traditions of dying mankind .They perform the work of the father of lies , pagan nations of this world, the foundation of all the kingdoms as families of the world . "Out of sight out of mind " as in, can you see God ? (The fall) Don't be foolish surely you will not die look at our beauty and live forever (SSSSSssss). Murdering torturing Christian men, women and children alike . false hope out of sight out of mind . Abel the first apostle I do not know where he is?

Acts 22:1-5King James Version22 Men, brethren, and fathers, hear ye my defence which I make now unto you. (And when they heard that he spake in the Hebrew tongue to them, they kept the more silence: and he saith,) am verily a man which am a Jew, born in Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, yet brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, and taught according to the perfect manner of the law of the fathers, and was zealous toward God, as ye all are this day.And I persecuted this way unto the death, binding and delivering into prisons both men and women. As also the high priest doth bear me witness, and all the estate of the elders: from whom also I received letters unto the brethren, and went to Damascus, to bring them which were there bound unto Jerusalem, for to be punished.

After Christ cleaned the slate of Paul giving him new heart not rebuilt .

His ex murdering bodies that had him on the most wanted dead or alive tried to Judge Paul with there oral traditions of he legion of holy fathers some call patron saints father .They call all things written in the law and prophets(sola scriptura) a heresy . Paul given words from the one Holy Father below. . . . . .they walked away faithless .and continued to venerate dying flesh and blood in a hope Limbo or Purgatory wondering suffering. Passed down form the Jewish (outward) fathers .

Acts 24:13-14 Neither can they prove the things whereof they now accuse me. But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:

Start by proving there are Christians that don't already know the content of this op. Or.... amend the op by acknowledging the broad, overgeneralized indictment of an unspecified group of Christians should be removed. State that part should be removed so the rest of the op can be discussed without the unjustified and unsubstantiated incriminations.

And maybe re-state your thesis - the single point of comment or inquiry you specifically want discussed - so you and I can post with clarity, collaboration and, hopefully, mutual edification so that it might benefit others (Eph. 4:29).
There is nothing contentious in either request. Both are op-relevant and valid inquiries. The first is even potentially empowering if received that way.
Contentious, Take care
When given the opportunity to restart with a clarified thesis availed itself the choice is disdain and avoidance.

Wanna give it another try? Restate the thesis of this op and maybe tell all the readers who will eventually show up who, specifically, it is that doesn't already know the content of this op.

Back