• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

What is the Lords Day?

Hobie

Senior
Reaction score
Many people claim that this proves the Sabbath was changed using this verse..
Revelation 1:10
I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

What is the Lord's day? Lets look in the Bible:

The "Lord's day" according to scripture, is the 7th day, the sabbath day of the Lord.

Genesis 2:1-3,4 - 'the seventh day', 'God', 'day', 'the LORD God' [… God [the LORD] … day …]

Exodus 16:23 - "the LORD", "to morrow [the seventh day] is the rest of the holy sabbath unto the LORD' [... the LORD ... [day] ...]

Exodus 16:25 - 'to day [the seventh day]; for to day is a sabbath unto the LORD: to day' [... the LORD ... day]

Exodus 20:8-11 - 'the sabbath day', 'the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God', 'sabbath day' [... the LORD ... day ...]

Exodus 31:15 - 'the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD ... the sabbath day' [... the LORD ... day]

Exodus 35:2,3 - 'the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD', 'the sabbath day' [… the LORD … day …]

Leviticus 23:3 - 'the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the LORD'

Deuteronomy 5:12,14 – 'the LORD', 'the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God' [… the LORD … day …]

Psalms 92:1 - 'A Psalm or Song for the sabbath day. It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD'

Isaiah 56:6 - 'Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath [day] from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant' (context new covenant) [... the LORD ... sabbath [day] ...]

Isaiah 58:13 - 'the sabbath ... my [the LORD's] holy day ... the holy [day] of the Lord' [... [the LORD's] ... day]

Isaiah 66:22,23 – 'the LORD', 'one sabbath [day] to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD' [… the LORD … [day] …]

Jeremiah 17:21 - 'saith the LORD... on the sabbath day' [... the LORD ... day]

Matthew 12:8 - 'the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day' [... the ... Lord ... day]

Mark 2:28 - 'the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day' [... the ... Lord ... day]

Luke 6:5 - 'the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath [day]' [... the ... Lord ... [day]]

Revelation 1:10 - 'the Lord's day'

There is no such thing as 'Sunday sacredness' in all of Scripture, except as a Mark of the Beast (Daniel 7:25).

The Sabbath is the 'Lords Day', not Sunday or the first day.

Nowhere in the Bible does it ever say the Sabbath was changed to Sunday, you wont find it. Its clear what day is the Lords Day in scripture..

Exodus 20:8-11
8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: 10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: 11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

It is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God, not Moses' sabbath, or the Jews sabbath, or anyone Else's sabbath.

Leviticus 23:3 Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings.

We see the same.

Deuteronomy 5:12-13
12 Keep the sabbath day to sanctify it, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee. 13 Six days thou shalt labour, and do all thy work: 14 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou.

Again the same.

Exodus 31:13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you.

It was not 'Moses' sabbath.

Leviticus 19:1-2
1And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 2 Speak unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say unto them, Ye shall be holy: for I the LORD your God am holy. 3 Ye shall fear every man his mother, and his father, and keep my sabbaths: I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:30 Ye shall keep my sabbaths, and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD.

Leviticus 26:2 Ye shall keep my sabbaths, and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD.

Isaiah 56:4-6
4 For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant; 5 Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off. 6 Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;

Ezekiel 20:12-13
12Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them. 13 But the house of Israel rebelled against me in the wilderness: they walked not in my statutes, and they despised my judgments, which if a man do, he shall even live in them; and my sabbaths they greatly polluted: then I said, I would pour out my fury upon them in the wilderness, to consume them.

Ezekiel 20:16 Because they despised my judgments, and walked not in my statutes, but polluted my sabbaths: for their heart went after their idols.

Ezekiel 20:19-24
19I am the LORD your God; walk in my statutes, and keep my judgments, and do them;
20 And hallow my sabbaths; and they shall be a sign between me and you, that ye may know that I am the LORD your God. 21 Notwithstanding the children rebelled against me: they walked not in my statutes, neither kept my judgments to do them, which if a man do, he shall even live in them; they polluted my sabbaths: then I said, I would pour out my fury upon them, to accomplish my anger against them in the wilderness. 22 Nevertheless I withdrew mine hand, and wrought for my name's sake, that it should not be polluted in the sight of the heathen, in whose sight I brought them forth. 23 I lifted up mine hand unto them also in the wilderness, that I would scatter them among the heathen, and disperse them through the countries; 24 Because they had not executed my judgments, but had despised my statutes, and had polluted my sabbaths, and their eyes were after their fathers' idols.

Ezekiel 22:8 Thou hast despised mine holy things, and hast profaned my sabbaths.

Ezekiel 22:26 Her priests have violated my law, and have profaned mine holy things: they have put no difference between the holy and profane, neither have they shewed difference between the unclean and the clean, and have hid their eyes from my sabbaths, and I am profaned among them.

Ezekiel 23:38 Moreover this they have done unto me: they have defiled my sanctuary in the same day, and have profaned my sabbaths.

The Lord claims the sabbath as His very own. It is a day, therefore it is literally, the Lord's day. This clear so how many times must the Lord call the sabbath His day to understand that there is only one day in the scriptures that would be referred to as the Lord's day? Other than the seventh day sabbath, the Lord's day can also refer to the day on which He will return to this earth. That is all. Sunday, or the first day of the week is never referred to as the Lord's day in the scriptures.

This title was only applied to Sunday later on, to cover their deception. It was applied by those who began the apostasy and corruption of the early church which was the result of the amalgamation of apostate Christianity and pagan sun worship.

What is the Lord's day?

1. A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature: the Lord's Day, Sunday Rv 1:10 (hēmera, page 437).

2. Thayer's Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament: The Lord's day, i.e. the day on which Christ returned to life, Sunday therefore, Rev. 1:10 (hēmera, page 278).

I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

The "Lord's day" according to scripture, is the 7th day, the sabbath day of the Lord.

Genesis 2:1-3,4 - 'the seventh day', 'God', 'day', 'the LORD God' [… God [the LORD] … day …]

Exodus 16:23 - "the LORD", "to morrow [the seventh day] is the rest of the holy sabbath unto the LORD' [... the LORD ... [day] ...]

Exodus 16:25 - 'to day [the seventh day]; for to day is a sabbath unto the LORD: to day' [... the LORD ... day]

Exodus 20:8-11 - 'the sabbath day', 'the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God', 'sabbath day' [... the LORD ... day ...]

Exodus 31:15 - 'the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD ... the sabbath day' [... the LORD ... day]

Exodus 35:2,3 - 'the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD', 'the sabbath day' [… the LORD … day …]

Leviticus 23:3 - 'the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the LORD'

Deuteronomy 5:12,14 – 'the LORD', 'the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God' [… the LORD … day …]

Psalms 92:1 - 'A Psalm or Song for the sabbath day. It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD'

Isaiah 56:6 - 'Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath [day] from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant' (context new covenant) [... the LORD ... sabbath [day] ...]

Isaiah 58:13 - 'the sabbath ... my [the LORD's] holy day ... the holy [day] of the Lord' [... [the LORD's] ... day]

Isaiah 66:22,23 – 'the LORD', 'one sabbath [day] to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD' [… the LORD … [day] …]

Matthew 12:8 - 'the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day' [... the ... Lord ... day]

Mark 2:28 - 'the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day' [... the ... Lord ... day]

Luke 6:5 - 'the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath [day]' [... the ... Lord ... [day]]

There is no such thing as 'Sunday sacredness' in all of Scripture, except as a Mark of the Beast (Daniel 7:25).

Thanks for that offering

The word sabbath meaning rest is not a time sensitive word

I would offer in respect to your offering in Isaiah “ And it shall come to pass in the last days”

The day of the lord represents the last day under the sun, the time of judgment as well in the twinkling of the eye the receiving of the promised incorruptible bodies to those born again. The time of reformation spoken of in Hebrews 9 began the last days also spoken of by Job .

The last day. . . . . the day of Jesus Christ: spoken of in Philippians 1:6 .

The Spirit on the Lord's day spoken of in Revelation 1:10 The bright and morning star Revelation 21 :16 Again the last day over and over six times emphasized in John

John 6:39And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

John 6:40And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:44No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:54Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 7:37In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

John 11:24Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

John 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

I would think the last day under the Sun the Spirit of Christ who works in his children as sons of God that spirit will leave like a thief in the night . . The end of all things old had come . . . making way for the new creation giving us a living hope yoked with him

Nowhere in the Bible does it ever say the Sabbath was changed to Sunday, you wont find it. Its clear what day is the Lords Day in scripture..
I was under the impression we worship on Sunday is because that's the day the Lord and Savior Christ Jesus rose from the dead.

Also Acts 20:7 mentions that “on the first day of the week we came together to break bread.”

As to the bible saying the Sabbath was changed...no. Does that mean christians should not meet and worship on Sunday??? (or any other day of the week)

Would it be a form of legalism demanding christians meet on Saturday?

NT Christians referred to the day on which their Lord and Savior, Jesus of Nazareth, rose from the dead--proving all that he said about himself, God and spiritual reality were true--as the Lord's Day.

That is beyond dispute.

Last edited:

Exodus 20:8-11
8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: 10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: 11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

It is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God, not Moses' sabbath, or the Jews sabbath, or anyone Else's sabbath.

Leviticus 23:3 Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings.

We see the same.

Deuteronomy 5:12-13
12 Keep the sabbath day to sanctify it, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee. 13 Six days thou shalt labour, and do all thy work: 14 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou.

Again the same.

Exodus 31:13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you.

It was not 'Moses' sabbath.

Leviticus 19:1-2
1And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 2 Speak unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say unto them, Ye shall be holy: for I the LORD your God am holy. 3 Ye shall fear every man his mother, and his father, and keep my sabbaths: I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:30 Ye shall keep my sabbaths, and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD.

Leviticus 26:2 Ye shall keep my sabbaths, and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD.

Isaiah 56:4-6
4 For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant; 5 Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off. 6 Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;

Ezekiel 20:12-13
12Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them. 13 But the house of Israel rebelled against me in the wilderness: they walked not in my statutes, and they despised my judgments, which if a man do, he shall even live in them; and my sabbaths they greatly polluted: then I said, I would pour out my fury upon them in the wilderness, to consume them.

Ezekiel 20:16 Because they despised my judgments, and walked not in my statutes, but polluted my sabbaths: for their heart went after their idols.

Ezekiel 20:19-24
19I am the LORD your God; walk in my statutes, and keep my judgments, and do them;
20 And hallow my sabbaths; and they shall be a sign between me and you, that ye may know that I am the LORD your God. 21 Notwithstanding the children rebelled against me: they walked not in my statutes, neither kept my judgments to do them, which if a man do, he shall even live in them; they polluted my sabbaths: then I said, I would pour out my fury upon them, to accomplish my anger against them in the wilderness. 22 Nevertheless I withdrew mine hand, and wrought for my name's sake, that it should not be polluted in the sight of the heathen, in whose sight I brought them forth. 23 I lifted up mine hand unto them also in the wilderness, that I would scatter them among the heathen, and disperse them through the countries; 24 Because they had not executed my judgments, but had despised my statutes, and had polluted my sabbaths, and their eyes were after their fathers' idols.

Ezekiel 22:8 Thou hast despised mine holy things, and hast profaned my sabbaths.

Ezekiel 22:26 Her priests have violated my law, and have profaned mine holy things: they have put no difference between the holy and profane, neither have they shewed difference between the unclean and the clean, and have hid their eyes from my sabbaths, and I am profaned among them.

Ezekiel 23:38 Moreover this they have done unto me: they have defiled my sanctuary in the same day, and have profaned my sabbaths.

The Lord claims the sabbath as His very own. It is a day, therefore it is literally, the Lord's day. This clear so how many times must the Lord call the sabbath His day to understand that there is only one day in the scriptures that would be referred to as the Lord's day? Other than the seventh day sabbath, the Lord's day can also refer to the day on which He will return to this earth. That is all. Sunday, or the first day of the week is never referred to as the Lord's day in the scriptures.

This title was only applied to Sunday later on, to cover their deception. It was applied by those who began the apostasy and corruption of the early church which was the result of the amalgamation of apostate Christianity and pagan sun worship.
The NT Sabbath is Jesus Christ in whom we rest full-time, just as God did, from all our work to save and in his work which saves.

1. A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature: the Lord's Day, Sunday Rv 1:10 (hēmera, page 437).

2. Thayer's Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament: The Lord's day, i.e. the day on which Christ returned to life, Sunday therefore, Rev. 1:10 (hēmera, page 278).
It was against the law for the women to attend the grave on Sunday because that was the Day of Unleavened Bread. Christ resurrection came after Monday evening.

Christ Is Firstfruits Of The Resurrection

The Feast of Unleavened Bread is a feast that is often mistaken for Passover. Passover is one 24 hour period, while the Feast of Unleavened Bread lasts for seven days. The Feast of Unleavened Bread is also a rest day where no work is to be done. That would also exclude attending a grave site to prepare a body on the Feast of Unleavened Bread. Passover was always on the Seventh Day of Rest, Preparation Day was always the day before, and the Feast of Unleavened Bread was always the day after the Sabbath Day of Rest and the Passover. A biblical definition of firstfruits would include the first of most anything that come from the ground or animals. The people would bring a ceremonial sheaf (bundle) of grain from the field, for the wave offering. The offering was a ceremonial bundle offering, and not a bringing of the harvest from the field, to the temple.

The biblical calendar is a 364 day a year calendar, which places the holidays on the same day of the week every year. When Christ was hung on the stake, both calendars were in use; the Biblical Calendar, and the Civil Hebrew Calendar. Which calendar do you think Christ and the disciples used; the Biblical Calendar, or the Civil Hebrew Calendar?

All three of these holidays involved firstfruit offerings at the Temple.

Passover was in the early spring, and it included firstfruits from the first harvest of barley.

Shavuot was in the late spring, and it included firstfruits from the wheat harvest. Among the many different offerings given, was a "wave offering" of two loaves of leavened bread. This was also a firstfruits offering.

Sukkot was in the fall, and it was the final harvest which included firstfruits of olives and grapes.

The feast day of Unleavened Bread was always on a Sunday when using the Biblical Calendar. That particular Sunday was also a REST DAY where no work was to be done. The women would not have attended his body that day because it was against the law.

Luke 23:56
Then they went home and prepared spices and perfumes. But they rested on the Sabbath in obedience to the commandment.

The Passover and the Festival of Unleavened Bread

Exodus 12:16
On the first day hold a sacred assembly, and another one on the seventh day. Do no work at all on these days, except to prepare food for everyone to eat; that is all you may do.

1 Corinthians 15:20
But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.

1 Corinthians 15:23
But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him.

The Firstfruits offering was on the day after Unleavened Bread.

Unleavened Bread Firstfruits Sheaf Wave

Leviticus 23:6 On the fifteenth day of that month the Lord’s Festival of Unleavened Bread begins; for seven days you must eat bread made without yeast. 7 On the first day hold a sacred assembly and do no regular work. 8 For seven days present a food offering to the Lord. And on the seventh day hold a sacred assembly and do no regular work.’”
Offering the Firstfruits
9 The Lord said to Moses, 10 “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘When you enter the land I am going to give you and you reap its harvest, bring to the priest a sheaf of the first grain you harvest. 11 He is to wave the sheaf before the Lord so it will be accepted on your behalf; the priest is to wave it on the day after the Sabbath.

Passover Sabbath

Mark 16:1
When the Sabbath was over, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of Jacob, and Salome, they (had / AIT) bought spices so that they might go to anoint Yahshua's body.

Luke 23:56
Then they went home and prepared spices and perfumes. But they rested on the Sabbath in obedience to the commandments.

Luke 24:1
On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb.
The word "day" is not in the original text.

John 19:40
Taking Yahshua’s’ body, the two of them wrapped it, with the spices, in strips of linen. This was in accordance with Jewish burial customs.

Christ resurrection was the first part of the week, not the first day.

Resurrection

The first day of the week to the Jews is Sunday. The first day of the week to the Romans was Monday. The first day of the week after the two holy days is Monday. The seventh day Sabbath was about to begin when Christ died on the stake.

Matthew 28:1
After the Sabbath, [plural] at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.

"first day of the week" According to who or what? If Matthew 28 is addressing Romans, then it may mean Monday. And if it is speaking of being after the holy days of rest, then that also would be Monday. That Saturday and Sunday were both holy days. It was against biblical law for the women to attend Christ grave that Sunday.

In Satan worship Sunday is his day. The Sabbath of the lord was Sunday. Satan was also called lord, and Sunday was his day. Just a trivial note.
Scripture says "three days" and "three nights." There is no doubt from what is written that Christ died just before sundown on Friday the 13th. Three days and three nights from Friday before sundown would be:

Night 1 - Friday night
Day 1 - Saturday
Night 2 Saturday night
Day 2 - Sunday
Night 3 - Sunday night
Day 3 - Monday

Putting the resurrection at Monday before sundown.

First fruits was observed the third day after Passover and the second day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread.

The resurrection was the first part of the week, not the first day.

I was under the impression we worship on Sunday is because that's the day the Lord and Savior Christ Jesus rose from the dead.

Also Acts 20:7 mentions that “on the first day of the week we came together to break bread.”

As to the bible saying the Sabbath was changed...no. Does that mean christians should not meet and worship on Sunday??? (or any other day of the week)

Would it be a form of legalism demanding christians meet on Saturday?
The gospel fast as ceremonial shadow that did nothing for the user but was a sign to the unbelieving world up until the first century reformation.

Again not a sign unto their own selves .Those that make make it about there own selves "I did it it proves it' Like Aarons two son adding their own person touch called strange fire not authorised are shown as in error they were consumed by the fire

We know the word rest (the Hebrew sabbath) is not a time sensitive word it is defined as any time one hears the word of God as long as today is today ( 24-7) under the sun and we mix the temporal historical with the unseen spiritual we have entered that rest.

The ceremonial fast because of the first century reformation was changed from the last day the day God rested forever to the first day the day he said let there be light and his presence entered the picture.

Sadly all translation save the Young's literal treat the word rest as a non timesentive word "week" making the word sensitive to time.
The Young's literal, defined the word properly once in Matthew 28 then like the rest of the time 9 in the new testament The Greek word sabbath is changed into week. . . week a time sensitive word . . a word that was not coined in the Greek until centuries later. again self pride . . I did it it proves it as if it was not merely a shadow. A sign to the unbelieving world In a hope of introducing the gospel

Mathew 28: 1YLT And on the eve (last) of the sabbaths, at the dawn, toward the first of the sabbaths, (not week) came Mary the Magdalene, and the other Mary, to see the sepulchre,

Above the dawning or beginning of the new ceremonial shadow . . sabbath.

Mathew 28: In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

The word week simply does not work the fast is the tithe as manna to share with other less fortunate given once in a seven day period.

Luke 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

To associate Dan 7:25 with the mark of the beast, and by extension in your post to Sunday worship and church gatherings, is beyond the pale. You produce no evidence for your conclusion. Not only that it indicts all of Christianity with wearing the mark of the beast. Everyone who goes to church on Sunday and does any work on Saturday. Not only that but it ignores correct interpretation of much of scripture. It adds Jewish Sabbath keeping as a condition of salvation.

The bulk of Christianity is not using "The Lord's Day" as a replacement for the Jewish Sabbath, though we are under no obligation to keep it as Paul tells us in Romans 14:5-12.

It is called the Lord's Day as a celebration and honor of Christ's resurrection which gives us Christianity---His church.

In Gen 2 God rested on the seventh day from all His work as it was completed. He called it holy because the work was completed. The use of numbers comes into play here, the number 7 representing a completed perfect work of God.

Sabbath by definition means a time of rest.

The Jewish Sabbath rest was first given to the Hebrews in Ex 20, in the Ten Commandments, after they had left Egypt and before entering the promised land a prelude to the covenant Law of the Sabbath rest. This represented something, as did all the old covenant laws with Israel.

We find what it represents in great detail in Hebrews chapter 4. Jesus is our Sabbath rest. We no longer labor to please God six days of the week, rest on the seventh, only to begin those labors again on the first day of the week, never arriving at the place we strive to be---reconciled to God.

It is finished. That happened on the cross when Jesus cried out those words. The Bible says that the women visited the tomb on the first day of the week and found Him not there. The debate as to whether He rose from the grave sometime during the traditional Sabbath or on Sunday is irrelevant. It is the first day that we are given in the scriptures, and it is the first day that is significant, and plays in to our Christian gatherings on Sunday. This is the day He conquered the power of sin and death for those who would believe. It is the fulness of Christ's work purchasing redemption for many, with the sacrifice of His body and the shedding of His blood.

To religiously and legally observe the Jewish Sabbath as given in the OT and especially saying it is required, that it is law, is in effect to say this work is not yet finished. Though I do not think anyone is looking at it that way. Nevertheless it is legalism.

To associate Dan 7:25 with the mark of the beast, and by extension in your post to Sunday worship and church gatherings, is beyond the pale. You produce no evidence for your conclusion. Not only that it indicts all of Christianity with wearing the mark of the beast. Everyone who goes to church on Sunday and does any work on Saturday. Not only that but it ignores correct interpretation of much of scripture. It adds Jewish Sabbath keeping as a condition of salvation.

The bulk of Christianity is not using "The Lord's Day" as a replacement for the Jewish Sabbath, though we are under no obligation to keep it as Paul tells us in Romans 14:5-12.

It is called the Lord's Day as a celebration and honor of Christ's resurrection which gives us Christianity---His church.

In Gen 2 God rested on the seventh day from all His work as it was completed. He called it holy because the work was completed. The use of numbers comes into play here, the number 7 representing a completed perfect work of God.

Sabbath by definition means a time of rest.

The Jewish Sabbath rest was first given to the Hebrews in Ex 20, in the Ten Commandments, after they had left Egypt and before entering the promised land a prelude to the covenant Law of the Sabbath rest. This represented something, as did all the old covenant laws with Israel.

We find what it represents in great detail in Hebrews chapter 4. Jesus is our Sabbath rest. We no longer labor to please God six days of the week, rest on the seventh, only to begin those labors again on the first day of the week, never arriving at the place we strive to be---reconciled to God.

It is finished. That happened on the cross when Jesus cried out those words. The Bible says that the women visited the tomb on the first day of the week and found Him not there. The debate as to whether He rose from the grave sometime during the traditional Sabbath or on Sunday is irrelevant. It is the first day that we are given in the scriptures, and it is the first day that is significant, and plays in to our Christian gatherings on Sunday. This is the day He conquered the power of sin and death for those who would believe. It is the fulness of Christ's work purchasing redemption for many, with the sacrifice of His body and the shedding of His blood.

To religiously and legally observe the Jewish Sabbath as given in the OT and especially saying it is required, that it is law, is in effect to say this work is not yet finished. Though I do not think anyone is looking at it that way. Nevertheless it is legalism.
So lets look to see how the change of Gods Law especially the fourth points out who is the Beast and his mark of authority.

In Revelation 14: 9-11, the Bible describes the terrible fate of those who receive the Mark of the Beast.

Revelation 14:9-11
9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

In stark contrast, the next verse describes those who stand victorious with Jesus on Mount Zion:
Revelation 14:12
Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

And we see in Revelation 7: 1-3 an angel ascends from the east with the seal of the living God.
Revelation 7:1-3
1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.
2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,
3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their forehead

This angel comes down from heaven and puts a seal on people's foreheads. Two classes are represented: Those who receive the mark of the beast and eventually receive the plagues. Those who keep the commandments of God, who are sealed by the angel, and do not receive the plagues. In Isaiah we find more..
Isaiah 8:16
Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples.

Therefore, the seal of God is contained in His law. The Bible teaches that the final issue will be over the seal of God as opposed to the mark of the beast.

The Mark of the Beast is his seal of authority, and that would be "a rule or order that it is obligatory to observe" which he has passed. This would include the Sabbath along with all the other changes he has made that he claims he has the authority to do so.

Daniel 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws:

So it is a change of Gods seal of authority which are his laws which have been with us since creation and were written out on the tablets of stone, by the Beast with false laws or rules of divine observance that are his seal of authority. We are charged to follow Gods truth not traditions or doctrines of men, and his commandments stand as Jesus said:

John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Colossians 2:4-8 And this I say, lest any man should beguile you with enticing words: . . . beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.;

Colossians 2:18-22 Let no man beguile you of your reward. . . . Why as though living in the world, are you subject to ordinances . . . after the commandments and doctrines of men.

Notice what it says on the "tradition" and "doctrines" of man, and we've seen what those are in what we covered on this.

And the mark of its authority which this entity claims to have and says has infallibility is given in their own statements..

"Q. Have you any other way of proving that the Church has power to institute festivals of precept?
A. Had she not such power, she could not have done that in which all modern religionists agree with her;she could not have substituted the observance of Sunday the first day of the week, for the observance of Saturday the seventh day, a change for which there is no Scriptural authority.
---A Doctrinal Catechism by Stephen Keenan, Imprimatur by John Cardinal McCloskey, Archbishop of New York

"Distinctive of the Roman Catholic Church, Sunday Mass observance became a mark of a practicing Catholic."
--- Dictionary of the Liturgy, Rev. Jovian P. Lang, OFM., Catholic Book Publishing Co., 1989,

"The attendance at [Sunday] Mass is the mark of a practical Catholic. One who fails to attend is not worthy of the name. While all mortal sins involve great malice, there is attached to this sin a peculiar and unique malice." ---The Faith of Millions, by the Reverend John A. O'Brien, PH.D., Copyright 1938,

"Of course the Catholic Church claims that the change was her act. It could not have been otherwise as none in those days would have dreamed of doing anything in matters spiritual and ecclesiastical and religious without her. And the act is a mark of her ecclesiastical authority in religious things". ---Letter to Cardinal Gibbons, November 11, 1895, from C.F. Thomas.

"The Church is above the Bible; and this transference of Sabbath observance to Sunday is proof positive of that fact. Deny the authority of the Church and you have no adequate or reasonable explanation or justification for the substitution of Sunday for Saturday in the Third - Protestant Fourth - Commandment of God." ---The Catholic Record, London, Ontario Canada, September 1, 1923

"The Pope has power to change times, to abrogate (change) laws, and to dispense with all things, even the precepts of Christ." --- Decretal, de Tranlatic Episcop.

No one has to make claims what the sign of God or the mark of beast are. The claims have already been made by itself...

The day of the Lord has a specific meaning in Jewish eschatology that refers to the day that John was seeing in his vision, not to the day of the week that he happened to have his vision.

Notice what it says on the "tradition" and "doctrines" of man, and we've seen what those are in what we covered on this.
What we see in what you post is your interpretation of Revelation, not necessarily what it is really saying. Which, I don't happen to agree with. The seal of God is this: 2 Cor 1:21-22 Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and anointed us is God, who also sealed us and gave us the Spirit in our hearts as a pledge.
Eph 1:13-14 In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation---having believed, you were sealed in Hi with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God's own possession, to the raise of His glory.
Eph 4:30 Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

The believer is sealed in God the moment they believe, and it is the seal of the King. It is not some future literal mark, and it pertains to belief only, not Law.

Additionally, the beast in Rev is a false trinity, mimicking God---the beast that comes from the sea, the beast of the earth who comes from the beast of the sea, and the false prophet. All who do not worship Christ, worship the beast and have his seal.

The day of the Lord has a specific meaning in Jewish eschatology that refers to the day that John was seeing in his vision, not to the day of the week that he happened to have his vision.

Jewish eschatology ? Amil? Premil ?

The day of the lord is the last day under the sun .The same day spoken of in Philipian 1:6 In so much that if Christ has begun the good teaching work in us he finish

The evidence is overwhelming

Philipian 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Acts 2:20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come:

Looking back from the last day as that past (behind me )

Revelation 1:10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard (behind me )a great voice, as of a trumpet,

2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up

1 Thessalonians 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

Additionally, the beast in Rev is a false trinity, mimicking God---the beast that comes from the sea, the beast of the earth who comes from the beast of the sea, and the false prophet. All who do not worship Christ, worship the beast and have his seal.

No sign was given. Jesus said its a evil generation (666) that does sek after one to wonder, wonder, wonder by. Believers have prophecy sealed with 7 seals till the end of time .

The subject is a mark not a sign two different things

Yes, the beast is natural unconverted mankind seduced by Satan the God mimicker .the father of lies a murderer from the very beginning with Abel the apostle the second born. The foundation in regard to the spiritual seed (Christ) found in the geanalolgy of the Son of man, Jesus. Abel was replaced by Seth in order to pass down the unseen eternal seed (Christ)

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. According to John 8 He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

The law of faith (let there be )

The mimicker false prophet he seduced Peter to rebuke our father and deny the Son of man from doing the will of the father

The mark of Cain the restless wonderer the mark . . "whatsoever God says bcomes to pass" . No early parole for Cain sufferings the work increased that he could not bear until his last breath. . . . a living hell

Genesis 4:15 And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.

Back