• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

The Very Elect

ShepherdsPie

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
Faith
Christian
Country
USA
Marital status
Married
Politics
Conservative
It seems to me that God has great plans to use the Elect in the end times! …so we’ll need that gospel armour strapped on good and tight. The Olivet prophecy describes a lot about what will be happening at that time.

Matthew 24:24 (KJV) For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Mark 13:9-11 (KJV) But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them. And the gospel must first be published among all nations. But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.

I have a question: Is there a difference between the elect and the very elect?

Perhaps the very elect are those who take a stand against the Antichrist when he comes? I don’t know.
. . . . .

Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

- Ephesians 6:11-17 (KJV)

~Pie

Indeed, the elect are the only ones who will even recognize the Antichrist.

It seems to me that God has great plans to use the Elect in the end times! …so we’ll need that gospel armour strapped on good and tight. The Olivet prophecy describes a lot about what will be happening at that time.

Matthew 24:24 (KJV) For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Mark 13:9-11 (KJV) But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them. And the gospel must first be published among all nations. But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.
This stuff has been happening.
Perhaps to some people.
Perhaps the very elect are those who take a stand against the Antichrist when he comes? I don’t know.
Where do you find this teaching?
. . . . .
Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

~Pie
This we should be practising daily.

Indeed, the elect are the only ones who will even recognize the Antichrist.
I agree! ….because the elect have been given eyes to see and ears to hear.
IMG_5750.gif

Where does this "very" come from?

Matt 24:24.

Only the KJV seems to use the term "very".

The rendering of "very elect" in the KJV is simply unnecessary and in our modern language, becomes misleading. It is a product of the manner of speaking and writing days long gone by. That is why it is translated simply "elect" other translations. That is what it means. It does not mean some are more elect than others, or on a higher level. It was used in this sense---"The very sight of the sunrise was comforting." That is what I think anyway.

The rendering of "very elect" in the KJV is simply unnecessary and in our modern language, becomes misleading. It is a product of the manner of speaking and writing days long gone by. That is why it is translated simply "elect" other translations. That is what it means. It does not mean some are more elect than others, or on a higher level. It was used in this sense---"The very sight of the sunrise was comforting." That is what I think anyway.
And I agree. There is a person out there who teaches that some of the actual ‘elect’ Will not enter His Kingdom.
Because of works. All of that special special is error and should be avoided.

And I agree. There is a person out there who teaches that some of the actual ‘elect’ Will not enter His Kingdom.
Because of works. All of that special special is error and should be avoided.
actual elect? Who are they? :oops: …special special?

actual elect? Who are they? :oops: …special special?
Some folks think that some of the ‘elect’ are more special than the rest of the elect…specifically, I know of someone on another forum teaching that some of the elect will be kept out of Christ’s Kingdom.
This is wrong!

Some folks think that some of the ‘elect’ are more special than the rest of the elect…specifically, I know of someone on another forum teaching that some of the elect will be kept out of Christ’s Kingdom.
This is wrong!
I agree. How in the world could someone who God chose before the foundation of the world be kept out of Christ’s Kingdom? :rolleyes:

I agree. How in the world could someone who God chose before the foundation of the world be kept out of Christ’s Kingdom? :rolleyes:
There are lots of individuals out there in the internet that are loose canons trying to teach their own doctrines, which are not their own, but doctrines of devils. Such has been the case since the beginning.
I will continue to be a record set on repeat.
‘Salvation is Relocation’ and this is entirely God’s doing. I hope I get to say this in my last breath in this present body.

. . . . .

This we should be practising daily

Of course, we know we should daily arm ourselves against Satan and against the many antichrists who come to deceive. They have already infiltrated every institution of our lives—not only religion, but also politics, finance, and education. Too many have already become slaves to the corrupt thinking of the world. We are in the generation of the end, I believe, and servants of the Almighty God, who is not angry with His elect. Therefore, armed properly, we need not fear tribulation, no matter how bad it may become. We have “swords,” the Word of God, mouths to speak what the Holy Spirit tells us to say, and confidence that every word will reach the mark it is intended to find.

That’s why we can believe the Revelation of Jesus Christ given to His servant John. Revelation 7:9,10 gives us a clear picture of the end result of our labor:

9 After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands, 10 and crying out with a loud voice, saying, “Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!”

A multitude will be saved from the Great Tribulation, and the elect will be honored to play the part God has prepared for us before the foundation of the world.

. . . . .

~Pie

Sola scriptura combats the anti-christs. . another teaching authority other than sola scriptura (false apostles bringing false prohecy ,oral traditons of dying mankind.

I would offer no difference, no partial or remnant of the elect They will not be deceived, they being informed before hand the coming of closing of the book of prophecy, the perfect, sola scriptura.

Mathew 24: 23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Behold, I have told you before.Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

Sola scriptura combats the anti-christs. . another teaching authority other than sola scriptura (false apostles bringing false prohecy ,oral traditons of dying mankind.

I would offer no difference, no partial or remnant of the elect They will not be deceived, they being informed before hand the coming of closing of the book of prophecy, the perfect, sola scriptura.

Mathew 24: 23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Behold, I have told you before.Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
Yes, we have many false prophets here already and many more to come. But the abominable False Prophet is the one we really need to be watching for. He will appear in Jerusalem (soon, I believe) and many will be deceived.
And Jesus, answering them, began to say: "Take heed that no one deceives you. "For many will come in My name, saying, 'I am He,' and will deceive many. "So when you see the 'abomination of desolation,' spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not" (let the reader understand), "then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.

- Mark 13:5-6,14 (NKJV)

Yes, we have many false prophets here already and many more to come. But the abominable False Prophet is the one we really need to be watching for. He will appear in Jerusalem (soon, I believe) and many will be deceived.
And Jesus, answering them, began to say: "Take heed that no one deceives you. "For many will come in My name, saying, 'I am He,' and will deceive many. "So when you see the 'abomination of desolation,' spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not" (let the reader understand), "then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.

- Mark 13:5-6,14 (NKJV)
I would offer.

When Jesus walked out of the abomination of desolation temples made with hands as a will of dying mankind. He declared it is desolate not will be

Mathew 16:38 Behold, your house is forsaken and desolate (abandoned and left destitute of God’s help). For I declare to you, you will not see Me again until you say, Blessed (magnified in worship, adored, and exalted) is He Who comes in the name of the Lord!

No sign was given to wonder after .

God is not man as us

Back