• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

The righteous not called by Jesus: Them that are righteous by faith alone

Ghada

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Luke
{2:17} When Jesus heard [it,] he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Who are the righteous that Jesus does not come to call? Them that have no need to repent to be saved by Jesus. Who are the righteous that repent not unto salvation?

Them that are righteous by their own faith alone.

Do they not preach against repentance unto salvation? Yes, they preach righteousness by faith alone. Do they not preach they are the righteous with unrepented sinning? Yes, they preach they are the righteous by faith alone, without need of repentance unto salvation.

Whether it be righteous Jews trusting in law alone, or righteous Christians trusting in faith alone, they do not believe they also need to repent of their own sinning to be saved by Jesus Christ.

Luke
{2:17} When Jesus heard [it,] he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

The righteous are not called unto repentance to be justified with God, because they are already righteous in their own eyes by law alone, or by faith alone.

Only sinners that know they are not justified with God, because of their own sinning, are called unto repentance by Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
Luke

Who are the righteous that Jesus does not come to call? Them that have no need to repent to be saved by Jesus. Who are the righteous that repent not unto salvation?

Them that are righteous by their own faith alone.

Do they not preach against repentance unto salvation? Yes, they preach righteousness by faith alone. Do they not preach they are the righteous with unrepented sinning? Yes, they preach they are the righteous by faith alone, without need of repentance unto salvation.

Whether it be righteous Jews trusting in law alone, or righteous Christians trusting in faith alone, they do not believe they also need to repent of their own sinning to be saved by Jesus Christ.

Luke

The righteous are not called unto repentance to be justified with God, because they are already righteous in their own eyes by law alone, or by faith alone.

Only sinners that know they are not justified with God, because of their own sinning, are called unto repentance by Jesus Christ.

Hi I would offer.

Faith = power

It's not the believer he calls or draws by his mighty work of faith to repentance The unbelievers called the sick ones. . they need the doctor of our new soul. The believers are called the healed ones .

They that declare a righteousness of thier own understanding. It is not a righteous of Christ understanding the righteousness of faith the unseen eternal things of God

God sees dying mankind as having no faith coming from our unseen Holy God. calling us dead . It's His Faith that is living working in us as a labor of love

Back