• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

"THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL"

Buff Scott Jr.

Sophomore
Reaction score
REFORMATION RUMBLINGS
BUFF SCOTT, JR.
_________

“T h e H o u s e o f I s r a e l”

“Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will establish a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah...” [Jer. 31:31-34].

The passage above is quoted from the prophet Jeremiah by the author of Hebrews in 8:8. The same author speaks of that covenant in the present tense [Heb. 7:22, 9:15, 12:24].

It is interesting that this new and better covenant was to be initiated “with the house of Israel.” The apostle Paul refers to the “Israel of God” in the present tense. “And as for all who walk by this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God” [Gal. 6:16].

By correlating the messages above, God’s new covenant is aligned with His new Israel. It becomes apparent, then, that the grace community and God’s new Israel are one and the same. God established—past tense—a new covenant with His people, the house of Israel, the community of the redeemed or “a royal priesthood and holy nation” [1 Peter 2:9].

Another strong argument in favor of this observation is that Paul speaks of “one body” of believers in Ephesians 4:4. If National Israel in the Middle East is, even potentially, God’s one body of believers or holy nation, we have more than “one body” of believers and more than one “holy nation.” This translates into a direct contradiction of heaven’s affidavit, the scriptures.

I believe National Israel in the Middle East has every legal right to exist and to defend herself against her enemies. In that respect, she has my full support. But to declare that she is God’s holy nation and special people appears to be a twisting and a distorting of His Word. After all, the vast majority of National Israel’s citizens do not believe Jesus Christ is the promised Messiah. Consequently, National Israel is far from being God’s holy nation.​

People don’t seem to follow the diversion from the race-nation in Romans that starts in the 2nd chapter and develops all through.

By correlating the messages above, God’s new covenant is aligned with His new Israel. It becomes apparent, then, that the grace community and God’s new Israel are one and the same. God established—past tense—a new covenant with His people, the house of Israel, the community of the redeemed or “a royal priesthood and holy nation” [1 Peter 2:9].
I would think of it more of a "restored covenant".

The time of reformation had come the shadows disappeared. One new ceremonial law (shadow) a sign to the world was added (1 Corinthian 11) A parable of the wedding supper on the last day under the Sun .The veil will be lifted. It would be like the eternal honey moon begins .

Gods new covenant previously called her Israel (mankind that wrestles against flesh and blood. . empowered by God he overcomes.) The born again name the father propmised he gave her a new name Christian .A more befitting name. Christian, literally meaning. . .Residents of the heavenly city Christ. . prepared for his wife the church, named after its founder and husband Christ (Revelation 21)

Genesis 32:28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.

Christin a royal priesthood a holy nation of all nations.

I would think of it more of a "restored covenant".

The time of reformation had come the shadows disappeared. One new ceremonial law (shadow) a sign to the world was added (1 Corinthian 11) A parable of the wedding supper on the last day under the Sun .The veil will be lifted. It would be like the eternal honey moon begins .

Gods new covenant previously called her Israel (mankind that wrestles against flesh and blood. . empowered by God he overcomes.) The born again name the father propmised he gave her a new name Christian .A more befitting name. Christian, literally meaning. . .Residents of the heavenly city Christ. . prepared for his wife the church, named after its founder and husband Christ (Revelation 21)

Genesis 32:28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.

Christin a royal priesthood a holy nation of all nations.
Thank you, brother. Appreciate that you and others are reading me.

Thank you, brother. Appreciate that you and others are reading me.
Thanks a mutual honor.

It would seem spiritual gifts are two fold both. #1 the gift of a apostleship sent messengers using the gift of prophecy .giving understanding to both the speaker and hearer. both receiving the of faith .Christ labor of love it as it is written that works mutually in all born again from above

Roman 1:8-12 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world. For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers;Making request, if by any means now at length I might have a prosperous journey by the will of God to come unto you. For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established;That is, that I may be comforted together with you by the mutual faith ( Christ's) both of you and me.

The same one spirit of faith (Christ in us) as it is writen. . the power by which we can miraculously believe in a God not seen. Yoked with him or daily burden can be lighter .with a future hope beyond the grave

2 Corinthians 4:12-14King James Version So then death worketh in us, but life in you.1 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

Back