• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Righteousness

Manfred

Junior
Reaction score
When the teachings of the WTS is boiled down to the core, it reveals salvation by works and not the righteousness of Christ imputed.

They have that in common with all other world-religions.

Can a JW explain how their works righteousness differs from the works righteousness taught by others.

When the teachings of the WTS is boiled down to the core, it reveals salvation by works and not the righteousness of Christ imputed.

Can a JW explain how their works righteousness differs from the works righteousness taught by others.
Faith without works is dead--Thus works builds up a living faith that will stand up when the pressures come. Faith without the works will fail when the pressures come. So works and faith go hand in hand. And is not by faith that one will stand? So then one best have works behind their faith for it to work correctly.
So its not by the works one will be saved as you are told we believe. Its by the faith that the works builds up to be the proper faith it will take to stand.

Faith without works is dead--Thus works builds up a living faith that will stand up when the pressures come. Faith without the works will fail when the pressures come. So works and faith go hand in hand. And is not by faith that one will stand? So then one best have works behind their faith for it to work correctly.
So its not by the works one will be saved as you are told we believe. Its by the faith that the works builds up to be the proper faith it will take to stand.
You ignored the imputed righteousness of Christ.

Your faith is in whom?
How do you come to Yehova? By what means?

Romans 4:3-13
For what does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness." Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt. But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works:

2Co 5:21 For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

You ignored the imputed righteousness of Christ.

Your faith is in whom?
How do you come to Yehova? By what means?

Romans 4:3-13
For what does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness." Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt. But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works:

2Co 5:21 For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
James 2:22- WORKS perfected Abrahams faith.
I know the righteousness of Jesus. Most religions twist it into oblivion.

Again, you are avoiding that which I asked specifically in this op.

Are you willing to answer or explain how your works Theology is different from that of others who hold to a works Theology.
What sets you apart.

Also:
Explain what you mean about the righteousness of Jesus.
I asked specifically and shared the scriptures regarding the imputation of His righteousness. How do you circumvent it?

In whom is your faith?
By what means do you come to be reconciled to Jehovah?

If you could try and stay on point and help me understand these questions, I would appreciate it.

Are you willing to answer or explain how your works Theology is different from that of others who hold to a works Theology.
What sets you apart.

Also:
I asked specifically and shared the scriptures regarding the imputation of His righteousness. How do you circumvent it?

In whom is your faith?

If you could try and stay on point and help me understand these questions, I would appreciate it.
Bump @Keiw1

What sets you apart.

Also:

In whom is your faith?

please define what works are in the WTS.

Here is what they teach.

Good works do not earn salvation, but they are prerequisites for it. The required works fall into four categories (Watchtower, February 15, 1983, p. 12-13).
  1. “Taking Knowledge” of God and Christ (John 17:3, NWT) by studying the Bible (through the guidance of the Watchtower).
  2. Obeying God’s laws (meaning, all the rules laid down by the Watchtower).
  3. Associating with God’s channel, the Watchtower organization.
  4. Participating in the Jehovah’s Witness preaching work.

What sets you apart.

Also:

In whom is your faith?

You seem to be avoiding what JW's believe and teach. Are you sure you are in good standing with the organization and being an honest witness ?

Eternal life requires more than faith in Jesus. It comes from “learning about Jehovah and obeying his requirements,” and working hard to be a loyal Subject of Jehovah, listening to the Kingdom message and acting on it. According to the Watchtower Organization (as printed in the Watchtower Magazine, February 15th, 1983 on page 12), there are four requirements for salvation:

1. Jesus Christ identified a first requirement when he said in prayer to his Father: “This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.” (John 17:3) Knowledge of God and of Jesus Christ includes knowledge of God’s purposes regarding the earth and of Christ’s role as earth’s new King. Will you take in such knowledge by studying the Bible?

2. Many have found the second requirement more difficult. It is to obey God’s laws, yes, to conform one’s life to the moral requirements set out in the Bible. This includes refraining from a debauched, immoral way of life. 1 Corinthians 6:9, 10; 1 Peter 4:3, 4.

3. A third requirement is that we be associated with God’s channel, his organization. God has always used an organization. For example, only those in the ark in Noah’s day survived the Flood, and only those associated with the Christian congregation in the first century had God’s favor. (Acts 4:12) Similarly, Jehovah is using only one organization today to accomplish his will. To receive everlasting life in the earthly Paradise we must identify that organization and serve God as part of it.

4. The fourth requirement is connected with loyalty. God requires that prospective subjects of his Kingdom support his government by loyally advocating his Kingdom rule to others. Jesus Christ explained: “This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth.” (Matthew 24:14) Will you meet this requirement by telling others about God’s Kingdom?

Jehovah’s Witnesses believe salvation comes through the Jehovah’s Witness organization alone, and it is earned by good works and witnessing to non-believers. It is not a free gift of grace. There are two classes of Jehovah’s Witnesses:

The ‘Anointed Class’
This group is comprised of 144,000 people (the number is derived from Revelation 7:4) who were either first century believers, were “Witness-like” Christians from the 2nd through the 19th centuries, were Charles Russell’s bible students, or are among a small number of Witnesses who have lived since then. Of course, Charles Russell is included in this anointed class, but beyond Russell, no one can have certainty about who is in this class of believers. The “anointed Class’ will live with God in Heaven and will reign over the ‘Great Crowd’

The ‘Great Crowd’
This group is comprised of all the Jehovah’s Witnesses who make it through Armageddon who are not part of the “Anointed Class”. They will be resurrected and live in paradise on earth forever, but they will not have the same status as the “Anointed Class” and they will not reign over others.

Bump @Keiw1

What sets you apart.

Also:

In whom is your faith?

You seem to be avoiding what JW's believe and teach. Are you sure you are in good standing with the organization and being an honest witness ?

Eternal life requires more than faith in Jesus. It comes from “learning about Jehovah and obeying his requirements,” and working hard to be a loyal Subject of Jehovah, listening to the Kingdom message and acting on it. According to the Watchtower Organization (as printed in the Watchtower Magazine, February 15th, 1983 on page 12), there are four requirements for salvation:

1. Jesus Christ identified a first requirement when he said in prayer to his Father: “This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.” (John 17:3) Knowledge of God and of Jesus Christ includes knowledge of God’s purposes regarding the earth and of Christ’s role as earth’s new King. Will you take in such knowledge by studying the Bible?

2. Many have found the second requirement more difficult. It is to obey God’s laws, yes, to conform one’s life to the moral requirements set out in the Bible. This includes refraining from a debauched, immoral way of life. 1 Corinthians 6:9, 10; 1 Peter 4:3, 4.

3. A third requirement is that we be associated with God’s channel, his organization. God has always used an organization. For example, only those in the ark in Noah’s day survived the Flood, and only those associated with the Christian congregation in the first century had God’s favor. (Acts 4:12) Similarly, Jehovah is using only one organization today to accomplish his will. To receive everlasting life in the earthly Paradise we must identify that organization and serve God as part of it.

4. The fourth requirement is connected with loyalty. God requires that prospective subjects of his Kingdom support his government by loyally advocating his Kingdom rule to others. Jesus Christ explained: “This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth.” (Matthew 24:14) Will you meet this requirement by telling others about God’s Kingdom?

Jehovah’s Witnesses believe salvation comes through the Jehovah’s Witness organization alone, and it is earned by good works and witnessing to non-believers. It is not a free gift of grace. There are two classes of Jehovah’s Witnesses:

The ‘Anointed Class’
This group is comprised of 144,000 people (the number is derived from Revelation 7:4) who were either first century believers, were “Witness-like” Christians from the 2nd through the 19th centuries, were Charles Russell’s bible students, or are among a small number of Witnesses who have lived since then. Of course, Charles Russell is included in this anointed class, but beyond Russell, no one can have certainty about who is in this class of believers. The “anointed Class’ will live with God in Heaven and will reign over the ‘Great Crowd’

The ‘Great Crowd’
This group is comprised of all the Jehovah’s Witnesses who make it through Armageddon who are not part of the “Anointed Class”. They will be resurrected and live in paradise on earth forever, but they will not have the same status as the “Anointed Class” and they will not reign over others.
Not sure if you are responding to me?

I am still waiting for the poster to respond to my queries, thanks.

Bump @Keiw1

What sets you apart.

Also:

In whom is your faith?

Bump @Keiw1

What sets you apart.

Also:

In whom is your faith?

No I'm trying to get him to admit to the WTS teachings by quoting the source.

Here is what they teach.

Good works do not earn salvation, but they are prerequisites for it. The required works fall into four categories (Watchtower, February 15, 1983, p. 12-13).
  1. “Taking Knowledge” of God and Christ (John 17:3, NWT) by studying the Bible (through the guidance of the Watchtower).
  2. Obeying God’s laws (meaning, all the rules laid down by the Watchtower).
  3. Associating with God’s channel, the Watchtower organization.
  4. Participating in the Jehovah’s Witness preaching work.
They would be correct on those points. The watchtower is a magazine it makes no rules. God made the rules to live by.
Even Jesus told all-they must listen to his teachers on earth, the same as it would be listening to him or his Father. Rejecting what they teach works the same.-Luke 10:16

Bump @Keiw1

What sets you apart.

Also:

In whom is your faith?

Sorry, i couldnt get back into the sight until today.

Bump @Keiw1

What sets you apart.

Also:

In whom is your faith?

Matt 6:33--Jesus taught to seek=his( YHWH(Jehovah) righteousness, not his own. I have faith in Jehovah, Jesus and his teachers( Luke 10:16)--But that faith must be excercised.
Works builds a strong living faith, without the works ones faith is dead.

They would be correct on those points. The watchtower is a magazine it makes no rules. God made the rules to live by.
Even Jesus told all-they must listen to his teachers on earth, the same as it would be listening to him or his Father. Rejecting what they teach works the same.-Luke 10:16
No salvation is by grace through faith apart from works. Salvation cannot be earned by man.

No salvation is by grace through faith apart from works. Salvation cannot be earned by man.
Not one on earth that doesn't learn and apply Jesus' Fathers will gets grace.( Matt 7:21) That = OT-NT. Not one on earth who doesn't have works faith is worth an iota. James teaches-Faith without works is dead. So you are misapplying what the bible teaches.

Matt 6:33--Jesus taught to seek=his( YHWH(Jehovah) righteousness, not his own. I have faith in Jehovah, Jesus and his teachers( Luke 10:16)--But that faith must be excercised.
Works builds a strong living faith, without the works ones faith is dead.
This still does not address what I specifically asked.

What does the imputed righteousness of Christ meant to a Jehovah's Witness?
Are you saved by seeking the righteousness of Christ or because of the imputation of the righteousness of Christ.

Thanks for answering.

This still does not address what I specifically asked.

What does the imputed righteousness of Christ meant to a Jehovah's Witness?
Are you saved by seeking the righteousness of Christ or because of the imputation of the righteousness of Christ.

Thanks for answering.
Jesus wont even accept glory from men- John 5:41--Its all directed to his Father-Mark 10:17-18-John 5:19--Then the Fathers shares with Jesus, but never worship.
Jesus said to seek YHWH(Jehovahs) righteousness--trinity religions teach to seek Jesus' righteousness, thus fail Jesus and the flock. Jesus said-I am the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father but through me)--the Father is ones destination-to seek his righteousness and this-John 4:22-24

Excellent post. Paul explicitly states in Romans 4, that he who believe in God who justifies the ungodly apart from works.

Back