• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Our Father in heaven listens to His sheep …

ShepherdsPie

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
Faith
Christian
Country
USA
Marital status
Married
Politics
Conservative
Malachi 3:16-17
IMG_0823.jpg

16 Then those who feared the Lord spoke to one another,
And the Lord listened and heard them;
So a book of remembrance was written before Him
For those who fear the Lord
And who meditate on His name.

17 “They shall be Mine,” says the Lord of hosts,
“In that day that I make them My jewels.
And I will spare them
As a man spares his own son who serves him.”

Being reassured in such a sweet way by our Father no doubt brings us a whole lot of comfort; our hearts are touched just by the idea of a book of memories. I believe God is reassuring those who fear (revere) and love Him that they belong to Him and that He hears their every prayer.

Also, the phrase "on that day" in verse 17 makes it clear that this is a prophetic promise about His second coming. The LORD will never leave those who follow Him, nor will He ever forsake them.

May we always be prepared to hear His voice when He speaks just as readily as He hears us.

Blessings,
—Pie

Last edited:
Upon a little reflecting on the verse above in the book of Malachi, it’s clear just how well our Father knows each and every one of His children.

For the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David. O LORD, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down, And are acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word on my tongue, But behold, O LORD, You know it altogether.

- Psalm 139:1-4 (NKJV)

Blessings like Pie

Last edited:
Upon a little reflecting on the verse above in the book of Malachi, it’s clear just how well our Father knows each and every one of His children.

For the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David. O LORD, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down, And are acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word on my tongue, But behold, O LORD, You know it altogether.

- Psalm 139:1-4 (NKJV)

Blessings,
like Pie
Yup…and He loves us still.

Yup…and He loves us still.
😆 That’s ‘cause:
As a father pities his children, So the LORD pities those who fear Him. For He knows our frame; He remembers that we are dust.

- Psalm 103:13-14

😆 That’s ‘cause:
As a father pities his children, So the LORD pities those who fear Him. For He knows our frame; He remembers that we are dust.

- Psalm 103:13-14
Amen, sister!

Back