• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Non or Multi?

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Sometimes I think the label "Non-Denominational" is a misnomer. I mean consider the fact that however "it" distances itself from "established" denominations the folks in a Non-Denom, by and large, came out of a denomination. Unless, of course, one is saved while in a non-denom church as I was. A true mutt.

My history prior to being saved was vaguely RCC streaming into strict Lutheran faith...then running for the hills some 25+ years.

Mutt? Yes. You see once I was saved I was "raised" by a pastor and elders with the following backgrounds:

Reformed Baptist
Reformed Anglican
Reformed Dispensational

Every single one of these guys just wanted to be more like Christ. And, by and large, I think they succeeded. But they carried their roots with them and that flavored my experience of the church, the Bible, and how to approach both.

Now some of you here might remember when and why the Non-Denom movement started. I don't. I'm grateful for the perspective it's given me though. I can walk into just about any orthodox church and feel at home in some sense...but not beholden to the specific wackiness held out to define space. For the best possible reasons of course. Non-Denom is it's own crazy and I love them to this day for that.

Reactions: QVQ
Back