• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

MORE ON HADES & OUR SPIRIT

Buff Scott Jr.

Sophomore
Reaction score
REFORMATION RUMBLINGS
BUFF SCOTT, JR.
_________

More Thoughts on Hades and our
Spirit or Real Self

[Please see the Assassination Attempt below
under “Crime & Decadence”]

“Then God said, ‘Let us make man in our image, after our likeness’ ” [Gen. 1:26]. In His image! God is not material or tangible but rather spirit—that is, non-physical. “God is spirit” [John 4:24]. The deduction follows that our spirit was made in God’s image. We know our Creator is more than breath, yet He has a form. “You have never heard His voice nor seen His form” [John 5:37]. Consequently, it is safe to say our Father has a “spirit form.”

Of interest is that when Jesus biologically died on the cross, He did not immediately ascend to the Father or to heaven itself, even though He cried out with a loud voice, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit” [Luke 23:46 & Psalms 31:5].

That He placed His spirit in His Father’s charge is obvious, for His spirit, the real Jesus, promptly went into Hades, the unseen abode of departed spirits, when He breathed His last. He did not ascend to the Father until after His resurrection. When Jesus revealed Himself to Mary Magdalene after His resurrection, she apparently greeted Him with a hug, but Jesus told her, “Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father, but go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God’ ” [John 20:17].

Peter affirms that Jesus was not abandoned to Hades, the unseen abode of departed spirits, but instead was reunited with his physical body, and the two of them, spirit and body, were resurrected the third day. “Seeing what was ahead, he [David] spoke of the resurrection of the Christ, that he was not abandoned to Hades, nor did His body see decay” [Acts 2:29-32].

Paradise and Heaven are sometimes used synonymously. “Paradise” is found only three times in the scriptures. Paul was “caught up to Paradise” [2 Cor. 12:4]. He called it the “third heaven,” which, in Jewish culture at the time, was heaven itself. John writes about the “tree of life, which is in the Paradise of God” [Rev. 2:7]. He no doubt refers to heaven itself.

If departed saints are already in heaven, and if we go directly to heaven when we die, why a resurrection when Jesus returns? After all, we’re already in heaven. Why would He bring us back to earth to reunite with or reclaim our glorified bodies? [See Philippines 3:20.] Jesus made it clear when He said, “No one has ascended into heaven except Him who descended from heaven, the Son of Man” [John 3:13].

It would be more consistent to believe our spirit goes to an intermediate state called “Paradise,” the same place Jesus and the criminal went, and that our spirit, the real person, will remain there until the resurrection. Well, wherever we go, it will surely be a Garden of Delight. And none of us will complain!

So in a true sense, the saints in Paradisiacal Hades are with Christ in that God’s Heavenly domain stretches beyond our imagination. Even we who are alive today are with Christ in that we are residents of His Father’s celestial community or province. Just so with those saints in Hades who are looking forward to their glorification.

Another striking detail is that, for whatever rational or strange reason, God allowed the prophet Samuel to be called up from the spirit world to tell King Saul of his impending death on the battlefield. The event was a fact, not a fantasy. Nor is it symbolic/figurative. Samuel said, “...and tomorrow you and your sons shall be with me” [I Sam. 28].

Samuel was not talking about the breathing apparatus—inhaling and exhaling oxygen—of Saul and his sons. Saul and his sons’ authentic selves would be in the same, or nearly the same, Hadean province as Samuel—the unseen abode of departed spirits.

In closing, I think it appropriate to ask: “Is God’s Holy Spirit His breath or some mysterious creation?” The scriptures seem to strongly indicate that the Holy Spirit of God is the essential character of the Father Himself, just as man’s spirit is his essential character.

As per the testimony of Paul, our biological selves will be transformed to be like our Lord’s glorious body. “...we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly bodies to be like His glorious body” [Phil. 3:20-21].

As Jesus’ real self, His spirit, reunited with His biological body in the tomb, our spirit will some day reunite with our physical temple at the time of transformation. It will be then that our transformed, glorious body will no longer be subjected to age, decay, diseases, or death. It will “be like His glorious body”—eternally changed, fitted for heaven!
Crime & Decadence
It is sad indeed how crime and violence have tripled—and within such a short time. Only yesterday an assassination attempt was made upon Donald Trump’s life by a social and mentally deranged young man—a young monster from the depths of Hell. Trump is fortunate that the bullet only pierced the upper part of his right ear.

The underlying national problem is that our once great Republic is experiencing a moral and spiritual decadence. And until the political and media loggerheads recognize this fact and side with moral and spiritual reform, the gutter will be our final destination. It is unlikely our enemies will ever defeat us. Unless reform is initiated, we will pull the trigger on ourselves.—
Buff.​

“Then God said, ‘Let us make man in our image, after our likeness’ ” [Gen. 1:26]. In His image! God is not material or tangible but rather spirit—that is, non-physical. “God is spirit” [John 4:24]. The deduction follows that our spirit was made in God’s image. We know our Creator is more than breath, yet He has a form. “You have never heard His voice nor seen His form” [John 5:37]. Consequently, it is safe to say our Father has a “spirit form.”

Of interest is that when Jesus biologically died on the cross, He did not immediately ascend to the Father or to heaven itself, even though He cried out with a loud voice, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit” [Luke 23:46 & Psalms 31:5].

That He placed His spirit in His Father’s charge is obvious, for His spirit, the real Jesus, promptly went into Hades, the unseen abode of departed spirits, when He breathed His last. He did not ascend to the Father until after His resurrection. When Jesus revealed Himself to Mary Magdalene after His resurrection, she apparently greeted Him with a hug, but Jesus told her, “Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father, but go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God’ ” [John 20:17].​
Thanks for that.

Something I keep on the back burners

I would offer many look to the cross the "bloody a demonstatation" to the whole world . Part two of three of the three days and nights of the propmised demonstration of the lamb who was slain from the foundation .The six days the Father did work

The bloody. Showing all the nations of world thier guilt before a Holy God, the Creator.. A bloody witness that can draw them to the foundation of mysteries of Christ's faith a labor of love as it is written the Bible. His living word.

Drawing of faith. . I believe His that does draw me.

In that way knowing mankind does not walk by faith the unseen eternal. In Exodus he reminds them when He sees the blood. . not when they do. Christ is not served by the dying hands of mankind (oral traditons)

Blood like water represents the work of the Holy Spirit as a labor of His love that he pours out on dying mankind. .Christians

Exodus 12:13 And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt.

Exodus 12:23 For the Lord will pass through to smite the Egyptians; and when he seeth the blood upon the lintel, and on the two side posts, the Lord will pass over the door, and will not suffer the destroyer to come in unto your houses to smite you.

He knew the faithless would turn spiritless, lifeless things seen into idol worship. worshiping dead things as if the were alive. God is not a man.

The first of the three three day and nights demonstration in the garden of Gethsemane (oil-press) in the valley. That denonstration different than the bloody hill of the Skull. It fulfilled two prophecies that spoke to the same manner . when He sees. .

Genesis 3:15 the gospel .The father sticking the heal of the Son of man bruising it crushing the head of Satan witness again in Isaiah 53 the work of two empowered by one.

The father struck his heal bruising it crushing the head of Satan the father of lies . this time (bloodless demonstatation ) The Son of man cried out for strength from Christ the head, three times with three denoting the end of a matter .

Three time Jesus looked for brotherly love from the other apostles three times the Father put them to sleep to fulfil the prophecy of "two working together as one.

Two kind one to fulfil prophecy for the believer the other to draw mankind as if Christ eternal God was crucified by a Satan inspired Mob

God would never share his glory with dying makind .the tomb the demobstration of faith

Back