• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

I will raise him up on the LAST DAY

TonyChanYT

Sophomore
Reaction score
Genesis 1:

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 And God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness He called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.
The first day was the beginning of light and physical time. The last day will be the end of physical space-time as we know it. The Bible spoke of a future last day (singular) with only one meaning.

John 11:

24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day
John 12:

48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
The last day is the day of resurrection and the end of physical time.

John 5:

28 “Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice 29and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned.
Jesus was serious about the last day, John 6:

39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last day. 40 For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.”
44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.
54 Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.
The last day is the end of physical time and the beginning of a new experience of eternal time.

See also Are we living in the last days?.

The last day is the end of physical time and the beginning of a new experience of eternal time.
How do you reconcile that position with the words, "to be absent from the body is to be with the Lord"? How do you reconcile that position with the fact we have already been raised in Christ? What makes you think the "last day" is the last day of physical time? Do you understand the phrase, "eternal time" is self-contradictory? Time is simply the word we use when reporting or measuring cause and effect. As long as causes and their effects exist then so too does time.

If you like, I can show you the many verses in the New Testament that tell us the last days occurred in the New Testament era. Not only did the last days occur back then, but Paul explicitly stated the ends of the ages had come upon the Christians to whom he was writing. Note that he said the ends and NOT the beginnings of the ages, nor the beginnings of the ends.

The last days occurred when God revealed the promised Son.

1 Peter 1:17-21
If you address as Father the One who impartially judges according to each one's work, conduct yourselves in fear during the time of your stay on earth; knowing that you were not redeemed with perishable things like silver or gold from your futile way of life inherited from your forefathers, but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ. For He was foreknown before the foundation of the world but has appeared in these last times for the sake of you who through Him are believers in God, who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God.

Hebrews 1:1-2
God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.

That's NOT an interpretation. These are the things scripture explicitly states. Peter and the author of Hebrews are very explicit: the last days occurred when God revealed His Son and spoke to His people through His Son.

Here are the questions asked again in a bullet list:

• How do you reconcile being raised on the last day with the words, "to be absent from the body is to be with the Lord"?
  • How do you reconcile being raised on the last day with the fact we have already been raised in Christ?
  • What makes you think the "last day" is the last day of physical time?
  • Do you understand the phrase, "eternal time" is self-contradictory?
  • Why do you conflate the "last days" with the "last day" (since scripture itself never does so)?
  • Upon what basis do you say the last days persist for two millennia (or more)?

Take each question one at a time, if you like.

Back