• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Faith alone without works and pleasing God without doing His will

Prov 26:4
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

Because God does not answer mocking questions intended only for strife, not truth.

1 Tim 6:4
He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,

The honest question is what must we do to be saved:

Acts 2:37
Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 3:19
Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

2 Cor 7:10
For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

Heb 6:1
Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

Repentance is not a work, but is the necessity of ceasing to do works dead to God, to be saved and reconciled to God.
You didn't answer my question...I asked.."A simple question that never seems to get answered.....How much "works" is required to get saved?"

You didn't answer my question...I asked.."A simple question that never seems to get answered.....How much "works" is required to get saved?"
It's the only answer given to those who ask how much blue does it require to be a sky.

It's the only answer given to those who ask how much blue does it require to be a sky.

OK, you copped out of that answer...then, what what one do to be saved?

I expect an answer back such as....does the sky have to do anything to be a sky?

But you are closer to the truth than you think...you don't have to do anything to be saved. God chooses you, you don't choose God.

Back