• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Did Arminius get a better understanding of truth than John Calvin, & it was rejected?

the more I dig, the more I find as to how God leads men to understanding his truth.
It's the Holy Spirit, that leads personally into TRUTH, not "theology". Being born again has no dependency whatsoever on this or that "theological systematic".

The Holy Spirit CONVICTS OF SIN, and of Judgement approaching. (John 16:8)

WHEN the Holy Spirit Convicts of SIN you can become Born again. When the Spirit is NOT convicting, you can't. (Rom 10:17) Conviction of SIN is God's WORD to you, and consequently is the source of FAITH to call upon God in repentance, and for salvation.

AFTER you're Born Again, then you take HIS YOKE (His lordship) upon you and begin to learn what it's all about.

If you NEVER LEARN ANYTHING about "Calvinism", or "Arminianism", or "Catholicism" it's not important.

Just so you know, I started out my walk with Christ as an Arminian Dispensational Premillennialist and now identify as a partial-preterist monergist apostmillennialist (a mixture of amillennialism and postmillennialism ;)). Much different now than where I started 40 years ago.
There once was an ugly duckling, with feathers all furry and brown... :cool:

Back