• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

The Passover sanctification of the Lamb: Quick and Complete

Ghada

Well Known Member
Reaction score
2Ch 35:6So kill the passover, and sanctify yourselves, and prepare your brethren, that they may do according to the word of the LORD by the hand of Moses.

Exo 12:12For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the LORD.

Eating the passover lamb of the Lord, is to sanctify oneself to the Lord, that we not be smitten with the children of disobedience.

Exo 12:10And ye shall let nothing of it remain until the morning; and that which remaineth of it until the morning ye shall burn with fire. And thus shall ye eat it; with your loins girded, your shoes on your feet, and your staff in your hand; and ye shall eat it in haste: it is the LORD'S passover.

Exo 12:46In one house shall it be eaten; thou shalt not carry forth ought of the flesh abroad out of the house; neither shall ye break a bone thereof.

Exo 34:25Thou shalt not offer the blood of my sacrifice with leaven; neither shall the sacrifice of the feast of the passover be left unto the morning.

Num 9:12They shall leave none of it unto the morning, nor break any bone of it: according to all the ordinances of the passover they shall keep it.

Num 9:13But the man that is clean, and is not in a journey, and forbeareth to keep the passover, even the same soul shall be cut off from among his people: because he brought not the offering of the LORD in his appointed season, that man shall bear his sin.

Being sanctified in the Lord's passover, is to eat all of it quickly in the selfsame day, and leave no meat of sanctification leftover to come only by and by: Neither the Lord's passover nor sanctification is gradual in coming and always incomplete.

Jhn 6:51I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
The passover Lamb Jesus Christ is eaten now today, whole and complete, to be sanctified unto Him.

In the same likeness, keeping the Lord's Sabbath, was to be sanctified from any of our own works.

Heb 4:10For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.
We wholly sanctify ourselves unto the Lord today, that we may enter into His rest from our own works.

Exo 12:9Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

Our sanctification from dead works is completely burnt and eaten whole at once. God does not accept any sodden meat of repentance, left to soak and only gradually be eaten in our own good time.

Back