• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

"THE KINGDOM AGE" - Part 2

Buff Scott Jr.

Sophomore
Reaction score
“THE KINGDOM AGE”
[Is it future or is it current?]

[PART 2 - Finale]
Let’s begin by affirming that Heaven’s testimony validates the truth that the kingdom [reign] of God existed in the first century of the redeemed community. Certain converts of Philip were immersed after Philip told them the “good news of the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ” [Acts 8:12]. Here the acceptance of the Good News and the Kingdom of God are aligned. Paul argued persuasively about the kingdom of God for three months [Acts 19:8]. The context places everything current at the time and in the present tense.

The apostle Paul synthesized the Kingdom of Christ and the Kingdom of God when he wrote, “No immoral, impure or greedy person—such a man is an idolater—has no inheritance in the Kingdom of Christ and of God” [Eph. 5:5].

Here the Kingdom is credited to belonging to both God the Father and Jesus the Son—in other words, one and the same Kingdom or reign. And this was in the first century! Paul spoke of certain Jews who were “workers for the Kingdom of God” [Col. 4:11]. This is set in the present tense—the first century.

John says we are [present tense] a “kingdom of priests” [Rev. 1:6]. Peter says we are “a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood” [I Peter 2:5]. Jesus’ current reign consists of a holy priesthood. Every believer is a priest. We offer up our own sacrifices through our High Priest, Jesus Christ.

Jesus told Pilate, “My kingdom is not of this world” [John 18:36]. “My kingdom” is in the possessive tense. Jesus is saying, and the context confirms it, “My kingdom is not like kingdoms of this world.” Jesus even admitted to being a King [v. 37]. Our Lord has always, since the geneses of the human family, been King. There has always been a kingdom—in every era. The holy nation of believers is simply another phase of the Lord’s kingdom and His Kingship.

The core of my projection is that God’s new or current kingdom [reign], the kingdom of Christ, was ushered in on the first Pentecost following the ascension of our Lord, as chronicled in Acts 2. Prior to that occasion, the new reign or kingdom is alluded to as a future event. But after Acts 2, it is referred to in the present tense. Jesus took his place on “David’s throne” [symbolically speaking] as King of the new kingdom [Acts 2:30-31].

As there can be no kingdom without a king, there can be no king without a kingdom. If Jesus is now King, and he is, He has a kingdom. He reigns in the hearts of his subjects, redeemed believers. “The kingdom [reign] is within you,” Jesus told his followers. Peter speaks of an “entrance into the eternal kingdom” or Heaven itself [2 Peter 1:11]. That “eternal kingdom” is an extension of our current kingdom, the redeemed community.

So why would our Lord return to Planet Earth to reign as King for a thousand literal years, as is assumed by many believers [chiefly Baptist believers], when He is now King of His kingdom on Planet Earth and has been for over 2,000 years? Consequently, the following quotations from a future terrestrial kingdom advocate is as fictitious as biblical “dreams” can be:

“We must remember that while we have been privileged to witness the rebirth of the Nation of Israel, this is not the Kingdom age...Let’s study what the Bible says about the Kingdom of God and the Messiah’s role in restoring God’s Kingdom on Earth.”

“Jacob dreamed he saw a ladder that reached to heaven” and “angels were ascending and descending upon it” [Gen. 28:12]. His dream was initiated by Divine providence. It is my persuasion that too many of my brothers have contrived their own dream of a future kingdom that reaches across the horizons of earthly cultures but not to Heaven—a dream not launched by Divine providence.​

So why would our Lord return to Planet Earth to reign as King for a thousand literal years, as is assumed by many believers
Well, that's what the Bible teaches....it's not an assumption.

Well, that's what the Bible teaches....it's not an assumption.
The thousand-year remark is a symbolic figure and encompasses the entire Christian era, starting at Pentecost in Acts 2. As "...the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain" are figures of speech, representing God's power, so is the "thousand-year reign" [Rev., chapter 20]. It, too, is a figure of speech.​

The thousand-year remark is a symbolic figure and encompasses the entire Christian era, starting at Pentecost in Acts 2. As "...the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain" are figures of speech, representing God's power, so is the "thousand-year reign" [Rev., chapter 20]. It, too, is a figure of speech.​
No Buff, the 1000 years is literal. If you need it to be symbolic...have at it.

“THE KINGDOM AGE”
[Is it future or is it current?]

[PART 2 - Finale]
Let’s begin by affirming that Heaven’s testimony validates the truth that the kingdom [reign] of God existed in the first century of the redeemed community. Certain converts of Philip were immersed after Philip told them the “good news of the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ” [Acts 8:12]. Here the acceptance of the Good News and the Kingdom of God are aligned. Paul argued persuasively about the kingdom of God for three months [Acts 19:8]. The context places everything current at the time and in the present tense.

The apostle Paul synthesized the Kingdom of Christ and the Kingdom of God when he wrote, “No immoral, impure or greedy person—such a man is an idolater—has no inheritance in the Kingdom of Christ and of God” [Eph. 5:5].

Here the Kingdom is credited to belonging to both God the Father and Jesus the Son—in other words, one and the same Kingdom or reign. And this was in the first century! Paul spoke of certain Jews who were “workers for the Kingdom of God” [Col. 4:11]. This is set in the present tense—the first century.

John says we are [present tense] a “kingdom of priests” [Rev. 1:6]. Peter says we are “a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood” [I Peter 2:5]. Jesus’ current reign consists of a holy priesthood. Every believer is a priest. We offer up our own sacrifices through our High Priest, Jesus Christ.

Jesus told Pilate, “My kingdom is not of this world” [John 18:36]. “My kingdom” is in the possessive tense. Jesus is saying, and the context confirms it, “My kingdom is not like kingdoms of this world.” Jesus even admitted to being a King [v. 37]. Our Lord has always, since the geneses of the human family, been King. There has always been a kingdom—in every era. The holy nation of believers is simply another phase of the Lord’s kingdom and His Kingship.

The core of my projection is that God’s new or current kingdom [reign], the kingdom of Christ, was ushered in on the first Pentecost following the ascension of our Lord, as chronicled in Acts 2. Prior to that occasion, the new reign or kingdom is alluded to as a future event. But after Acts 2, it is referred to in the present tense. Jesus took his place on “David’s throne” [symbolically speaking] as King of the new kingdom [Acts 2:30-31].

As there can be no kingdom without a king, there can be no king without a kingdom. If Jesus is now King, and he is, He has a kingdom. He reigns in the hearts of his subjects, redeemed believers. “The kingdom [reign] is within you,” Jesus told his followers. Peter speaks of an “entrance into the eternal kingdom” or Heaven itself [2 Peter 1:11]. That “eternal kingdom” is an extension of our current kingdom, the redeemed community.

So why would our Lord return to Planet Earth to reign as King for a thousand literal years, as is assumed by many believers [chiefly Baptist believers], when He is now King of His kingdom on Planet Earth and has been for over 2,000 years? Consequently, the following quotations from a future terrestrial kingdom advocate is as fictitious as biblical “dreams” can be:

“We must remember that while we have been privileged to witness the rebirth of the Nation of Israel, this is not the Kingdom age...Let’s study what the Bible says about the Kingdom of God and the Messiah’s role in restoring God’s Kingdom on Earth.”

“Jacob dreamed he saw a ladder that reached to heaven” and “angels were ascending and descending upon it” [Gen. 28:12]. His dream was initiated by Divine providence. It is my persuasion that too many of my brothers have contrived their own dream of a future kingdom that reaches across the horizons of earthly cultures but not to Heaven—a dream not launched by Divine providence.​

Great! Re Acts 2:30, I don’t think there is anything symbolic. Notice that Ps 2 and 110 say it is the Davidic throne.

I don’t know about any privilege of seeing the modern nation. Research G Eliot’s novel Daniel Deronda late 1800s. She empowered Judaism not to see Christ as their Davidic king. What’s the privilege of that?

It will help enormously not to be concerned with past or future but with what Christ deserves.

Jesus Christ is the head of the church, (eph 5:23) the body of Christ,
(col 1:18) the new and eternal covenant, (pre-figured Jer 31:31) (Heb 8:8) new covenant replaces the Mosaic covenant, (Heb 8:13) holy mother church replaced Israel Matthew 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
Christ replaces David as king, (Lk 1:32-33)

The new covenant church!

Prophecy of the new covenant and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (The new covenant church) Jn 15:1-5 (the church is the new Jerusalem the kingdom) gal 4:26 (one church) Jn 10:16

Dan 2: 44 And in the days of these kings (Roman Caesars) shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Isaiah 2:2
And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

Micah 4:1
But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

Daniel 6:26
I make a decree, That in every dominion of my kingdom men tremble and fear before the God of Daniel: for he is the living God, and stedfast for ever, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed, and his dominion shall be even unto the end.

Daniel 7:14
And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

Daniel 7:18
But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.

Matt 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

Back