• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

The Beast and his warfare: False ministers of Christ

Ghada

Senior
Reaction score
Thou therefore gird up thy loins, and arise, and speak unto them all that I command thee: be not dismayed at their faces, lest I confound thee before them.

For, behold, I have made thee this day a defenced city, and an iron pillar, and brasen walls against the whole land, against the kings of Judah, against the princes thereof, against the priests thereof, and against the people of the land.

And they shall fight against thee; but they shall not prevail against thee; for I am with thee, saith the LORD, to deliver thee.

It wasn't the king of Babylon that persecuted Jeremiah.

The beast is any false minister of Christ, and the warfare is against the saints doing the truth. It's as old as Cain having a 'talk' with Abel.

That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

It's not the heathen that slew the prophets of old, but the false prophets of Israel seeking to destroy the truth of the Lord's word and covenant.

Neither was it the Romans that first hated Jesus and His apostles, but the people of the covenant that corrupt themselves against against the Lord and prophets and apostles of the covenant of God.

The beast is any false minister of Christ, and the warfare is against the saints doing the truth. It's as old as Cain having a 'talk' with Abel.
Got scripture to prove that? None of the verses quoted do so.

Got scripture to prove that?
The verses quoted show it was never the heathen of false religion from outside Israel, that slew the prophets and had Jesus crucified, as well as killing Stephen and the newborn saints of God.

It was King Saul persecuting the Lord's anointed David, and Saul of Tarsus travelling to persecute the anointed saints in Christ Jesus.

None of the verses quoted do so.
Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies.
For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.
But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Antichrists are false christs, apostles, teachers rising up from among the people of God, in order to preach their own gospel and teach their own doctrine of their own christ, in the name of Jesus Christ.

Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

My observation is most antichrists preach naming the name of Christ, and not departing from iniquity. There are some who err in the opposite, by preaching rules of their own making added to the righteousness and true holiness of God.

The verses quoted show....
What do you mean it "show"? Am I mistaken that in an earlier thread you asked scripture be read plainly? Or am I confusing you with someone else? I thought you said you read scripture plainly. The moment you start taking about what is shown by adding things not stated you're NOT reading the text plainly.
it was never the heathen of false religion from outside Israel, that slew the prophets and had Jesus crucified, as well as killing Stephen and the newborn saints of God.
I agree.
It was King Saul persecuting the Lord's anointed David, and Saul of Tarsus travelling to persecute the anointed saints in Christ Jesus.
No.

Prophets like Abraham and Moses preceded Saul. Saul was dead by the time the other OT prophets, like Jeremiah, came on the scene. Jeremiah is the one Jesus mentions, not David. Jesus also mentioned the blood of Abel and Zechariah, neither of which lived during Saul's reign. Jesus places the prophets blood on the Pharisees and scribes (Mt. 23), not Saul. In Revelation, the harlot drunk on the prophets' blood wears purple and scarlet. Those are the colors of the Levitical priesthood, not Saul or the monarchy. Saul of Tarsus would fit in that group, but not King Saul.

In point of fact, it could be argued that separation between the monarchy and the priesthood was part of the problem to be solved. Melchizedek was both king and priest. Moses was asked to serve both roles but refused. The Judges served both roles and the people rebelled, refusing to have them as agents of God as king (1 Sam. 8). In Christ we are royal priests. God's desire had always been the two united but the Hebrews and Jews constantly rebelled against that.
My observation is most antichrists...
There is only one antichrist that is eschatologically relevant.
....preach naming the name of Christ, and not departing from iniquity. There are some who err in the opposite, by preaching rules of their own making added to the righteousness and true holiness of God.
Perhaps but I must again point out scripture defines "antichrist" for us and if you and I are to read the scriptures plainly then we will not be adding things not stated.

Back