• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

May I make a suggestion on being banned.

Rella

"Daughter of the King"
Reaction score
Faith
Christian
Country
USA
Marital status
unmarried
Politics
YES. Always looking right.
When or if it becomes time to actually "ban" someone for their opinion would you please do so in such a manner as to
advise that person where the reason came from?

I have been banned. NOT HERE

But I was on a forum I recently have been responding in and responded by message to someone I have been messaging for a couple of months regularly about... well, not sure that matters because I have no way to know if that was the reason I was banned.

I went back after email checks and also reading some replies here. (Yes, I know I am not signed in often here...)

And I was met with

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

You have been banned for the following reason: Amanda the witch. Using a false name.

So, I have no way to know who said that about me. I cannot even dispute it because I can make no contact.

FYI I AM NOT, AND I HAVE NEVER BEEN A WITCH.

There once was a member of another forum 8 or 9 years ago who accused me of being a witch.. he ultimately apologized before going away.

It is frustrating to say the least that I cannot talk to anyone...

So please... when you are banning anyone, or even me, let the accused know who, what, when, why, and where the accusations are coming from.

Thank you for hearing me.

Blessings

Can’t imagine you being banned from any forum.

Totally out of character, calling Amanda a witch....not from you Rella...how awful. especially not having it explained to you..

Sorry you were banned...try not to take it personally, lack of communication on their part, imo...just my two cents.for what it’s worth.

Can’t imagine you being banned from any forum.

Totally out of character, calling Amanda a witch....not from you Rella...how awful. especially not having it explained to you..

Sorry you were banned...try not to take it personally, lack of communication on their part, imo...just my two cents.for what it’s worth.
Thank you for your kind words.

I believe you are on or were the forum that banned me. This one's setup is so similar that is why I am making the suggestion
to not just blind side people.

God bless

Can I message you, maybe I can help ?..is there a pm here?

Can I message you, maybe I can help ?..is there a pm here?
There is a little envelope right before the bell for alerts, at the top, righthand corner of things, that is for messages...but I cannot seem to get anything that works for me now.

I had done a few messages back when I was active here but I cannot seem to make that function work anymore??? So, the only way would be my user email that I would need to post here and that may be frowned upon?

I can’t get it to work either, I’ve tried to message you, offering help...see what admin say about your user email...I’m only to willing to help.

I can’t get it to work either, I’ve tried to message you, offering help...see what admin say about your user email...I’m only to willing to help.
Thank you

When or if it becomes time to actually "ban" someone for their opinion would you please do so in such a manner as to

But I was on a forum I recently have been responding in and responded by message to someone I have been messaging for a couple of months regularly about... well, not sure that matters because I have no way to know if that was the reason I was banned.

I went back after email checks and also reading some replies here. (Yes, I know I am not signed in often here...)

And I was met with

You have been banned for the following reason: Amanda the witch. Using a false name.

So, I have no way to know who said that about me. I cannot even dispute it because I can make no contact.

There once was a member of another forum 8 or 9 years ago who accused me of being a witch.. he ultimately apologized before going away.

So please... when you are banning anyone, or even me, let the accused know who, what, when, why, and where the accusations are coming from.

Blessings
That sounds fair. let the person know the issues.

There is a little envelope right before the bell for alerts, at the top, righthand corner of things, that is for messages...but I cannot seem to get anything that works for me now.

I had done a few messages back when I was active here but I cannot seem to make that function work anymore??? So, the only way would be my user email that I would need to post here and that may be frowned upon?
try it now, you should be able to.

And I was met with

Blessings
FWIW, this reminds me of applying for a job, when I was in my 20s or 30s. It occurred to me that there was no need to present myself any particular way or to impress anyone or, specially, to be likeable and 'wantable' in any way that was unnatural to me. I realized, if they are going to be like that, I'd rather know sooner than later that I wasn't good enough for them. If they don't like me, I don't want to work for them.

Yes---if a person is banned, there is a note provided that explains. However, before anyone would be banned, there would be sufficient warnings given first.
The shortest route to banning is a repeated disregard of the rules that each member agrees to when joining...doing so is a breach of contract, so to speak.
But that aside, the reasons for the rules is to maintain a place that is civil and pleasant.

Back