• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

LOOKING AT "EASTER" FROM TWO DIRECTIONS

Buff Scott Jr.

Sophomore
Reaction score
Looking At “Easter” From
Two Directions

[Please see below “Evictions & Homelessness
Since 2021”
]

It is commendable that hundreds of thousands of people this time of the year, saved and unsaved, are pointed toward the greatest and most remarkable events in history—the resurrection of our Lord and Messiah. By resurrecting He paved the way, leveled the mountains, and created a path to God’s eternal glory for those of us who are looking forward to being transported to Heaven’s Paradise.

Having said that, it should be noted that “Easter” in the KJV of the Scriptures is an inaccurate mistranslation [Acts 12:4]. The Greek Pascha relates to Old Israel’s most Holy Day, the Jewish Passover. Originally, the term “Easter” had an idolatrous flavor. Centuries ago, as history confirms, the Roman Catholic Church “borrowed” the idolatrous fiesta and transformed it into a “Christian Holiday.”

It is unique that Protestants then “borrowed” the idolatrous fiesta from the Roman Catholic Church. Since then it has been celebrated as a Biblical/Divine Holiday. It is beyond me why anyone would think this so-called “Divine Holiday” also revolves around a rabbit hopping around carrying colorful chicken eggs. The biblical Passover meant a great deal more to the Jewish community during the Old Law of Moses than this kind of nonsense.

Leave it to the religious clergy to come up with “theological ideas” that cater to absurdities. The resurrection of our Lord actually occurred, and I’m blessed by that historical and divine fact, but “Easter” never happened until the professional clergy contrived it.
In any event
“Happy Resurrection Day!”

365 days a year
<><><>

Evictions & Homelessness Since 2021
This nightmare of being evicted from your home or rental property is beginning to resemble the homeless plight of the Great Depression of 1929. It is more than sad, for it has reached the point that a grief-stricken expression is replacing a once cheerful and optimistic nation. There were 83,236 Maricopa County AZ evictions in 2023. I reside in Phoenix. The latest census for 2024 is even greater! The same picture is reflected in every State of the Union.

Inflation and lawlessness since 2021 have multiplied and raised their ugly heads to the level of deviancy and bizarreness. Although jobs seem to be plentiful, wages are not sufficient enough to carry the financial load the rich and wealthy and powerful “Landlords” and “Business Executives” are placing upon our shoulders. Homes, Apartments, Condo Units, food, gas, and everything else in between are reaching for the skies.

Unless the current political liberal governing body is replaced, and soon, the Streets will become even heavier with more and more homeless traffic—most of whom are decent, hard-working and law-abiding citizens. [I’m not referring to the lazy bums who refuse to work.]

If changes are not in the making soon, do not be shocked if the day arrives when we will be looking squarely in the face of a potential Civil War. God forbid! –Buff.

Only the Germanic languages refer to the day as "Easter" or its derivatives. The majority of the Christian world call the day "Passover". However, it is true that this Christian Passover does not meet God's requirements of how He wants Passover to be celebrated and the proper timing (moedim). God specifically condemns people for celebrating His Feasts on the wrong days.

Quote: “The majority of the Christian world call the day ‘Passover’ ”

I have dealt with the Christian movement for decades, and I have found your statement to be incorrect.

Quote: “The majority of the Christian world call the day ‘Passover’ ”

I have dealt with the Christian movement for decades, and I have found your statement to be incorrect.
LOL. It's so easy to prove. Just look at what most countries call the day that in English is called "Easter".

Back