• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

"I Am the Good Shepherd..."

Arial

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Christian/Reformed
Country
US
Politics
conservative
John 10:11-16
11 I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. 12 He who is a hired hand and not a shepherd, who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees, and the wolf snatches them and scatters them. 13 He flees because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep. 14 I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd

Psalm 23:1-3
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
for his namesake.

Oops.

4. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff
they comfort me.

In verses 1-3 we see the Shepherd feeding us and watering us and leading us in paths of righteousness. All is well and we love our God. And suddenly this path brings us to a valley shadowed in darkness and full of enemies. Maybe the Shepherd will lead us around it. Maybe we can just stop and not go through it.

Lest we become complacent in our ease and begin to view this righteousness as our own, independent of the shepherd, lest we forget the power and glory of God and grow weak from the rest, in love he leads us through that valley, slaying our enemies with the rod and keeping those who stray close with his staff. None will be lost.

And when we have passed through and out of the valley, we find that this was there all along:
You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies;
your anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.

Dear one, Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. (Joshua 1:9)

Amen sister---great message.

Back