• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Hello, everybody!

Jude24

Reaction score
Faith
PCA (Currently attending SBC)
Marital status
Married
Hello, everyone! I'm excited to be a part of this forum.

For a bit of my backstory, I grew up heavily-involved in the IFB. Although I led worship, taught classes, and even became a minister at 14 in my denomination (BMA), I struggled with crippling doubt of my salvation. As an adult, I finally came to the conclusion that I was never truly a Christian, and, at 23, Jesus saved me. This led to a massive increase in understanding of the scriptures and showed me that what I had learned growing up was not at all true. I discovered the doctrines of grace and (at first) hesitantly became a Calvinist. My theological understanding continued to grow and I quickly found myself accepting the entire 1689 LBCF. At this point, I was pushed out of the IFB because of my heretical beliefs, but I was amazingly able to join a reformed Baptist church that was right up the road. As I have continued studying the word, I now subscribe to the Westminster Confession of Faith, but I am still a joyous member of the reformed Baptist congregation.

My theological interests include ecclesiology, hermeneutics, and soteriology. My non-theological interests include medicine (I am a practicing nurse practitioner), music, and film.

I'm looking forward to engaging in this forum!

For a bit of my backstory, I grew up heavily-involved in the IFB. Although I led worship, taught classes, and even became a minister at 14 in my denomination (BMA), I struggled with crippling doubt of my salvation. As an adult, I finally came to the conclusion that I was never truly a Christian, and, at 23, Jesus saved me. This led to a massive increase in understanding of the scriptures and showed me that what I had learned growing up was not at all true. I discovered the doctrines of grace and (at first) hesitantly became a Calvinist. My theological understanding continued to grow and I quickly found myself accepting the entire 1689 LBCF. At this point, I was pushed out of the IFB because of my heretical beliefs, but I was amazingly able to join a reformed Baptist church that was right up the road. As I have continued studying the word, I now subscribe to the Westminster Confession of Faith, but I am still a joyous member of the reformed Baptist congregation.

My theological interests include ecclesiology, hermeneutics, and soteriology. My non-theological interests include medicine (I am a practicing nurse practitioner), music, and film.

Welcome. Nice to have you here. Looking forward to some good discussions

Blessings .

Welcome! Your storyline is somewhat familiar to me

Welcome to the forum.

Hey Jude......

great to hear some of your journey.

Marilyn.

Back