• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Factions

Alive

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
In Christ of the Father.
Marital status
Married
Politics
Conservative
We wonder why the church (small c) lacks power and a strong witness that results in great fruit and revival of love, joy in the Holy Spirit with many souls coming in and thirsty for Truth.

We wonder why so many remain in a state of spiritual infancy.

I suggest that it is the ‘spirit’ of factions or division. Not so much the doctrinal differences within christendom, but rather the hearts and attitudes that come from the root of factions. That attitude says, “we are more special than you folks over there”. We are ‘especial’ because we say this or because we use these special terms and words that are more special than yours”.

There are those among us who specialize in this. There are those whose main function is to plant and fertilize this spirit of faction. I don’t say, ‘intent’—I say ‘function’.

These things do not come from God. I tell you, the Lord and the Holy Spirit can’t and won’t function in that environment. That spirit and that fleshly emanation hinders the flow of Life and Power in the church.

I will share a dream that the Lord gave that helped me be prepared for a difficult time that was to come. It served me well then and does now. It is my hope that it will be of some help. Please—I adjure you. Consider these things and strive to not take part in these things. It starts with a revelation and a changed heart. I don’t believe that the Lord gave this dream only for myself.

----There was a great field and in that field were a great many bodies that had been dismembered in the most heinous fashion. Parts and pieces all over. As I was looking at the scene a word came to my mind that described it. It was a word that has no human equivalent, but was a combination of things like horror, disgust and atrocity. I didn't know the word then and I haven't since, but it was a powerful impression. Very powerful and impossible to describe. I woke like a shot from a cannon and said, "Lord, what the heck was that". He said, "that is how I feel when I see my body divided".

The impact that lesson had on me can't be overstated.--------

1Cor. 11:19 For there must also be factions among you, so that those who are approved may become evident among you.

Gal. 5:20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions,

1Cor. 1:10 Now I exhort you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all agree and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be made complete in the same mind and in the same judgment. 11 For I have been informed concerning you, my brethren, by Chloe’s people, that there are quarrels among you. 12 Now I mean this, that each one of you is saying, “I am of Paul,” and “I of Apollos,” and “I of Cephas,” and “I of Christ.” 13 Has Christ been divided? Paul was not crucified for you, was he? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul? 14 I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 so that no one would say you were baptized in my name.

1Cor. 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual men, but as to men of flesh, as to infants in Christ. 2 I gave you milk to drink, not solid food; for you were not yet able to receive it. Indeed, even now you are not yet able, 3 for you are still fleshly. For since there is jealousy and strife among you, are you not fleshly, and are you not walking like mere men? 4 For when one says, “I am of Paul,” and another, “I am of Apollos,” are you not mere men?

We wonder why the church (small c) lacks power and a strong witness that results in great fruit and revival of love, joy in the Holy Spirit with many souls coming in and thirsty for Truth.

We wonder why so many remain in a state of spiritual infancy.

I suggest that it is the ‘spirit’ of factions or division. Not so much the doctrinal differences within christendom, but rather the hearts and attitudes that come from the root of factions. That attitude says, “we are more special than you folks over there”. We are ‘especial’ because we say this or because we use these special terms and words that are more special than yours”.

There are those among us who specialize in this. There are those whose main function is to plant and fertilize this spirit of faction. I don’t say, ‘intent’—I say ‘function’.

These things do not come from God. I tell you, the Lord and the Holy Spirit can’t and won’t function in that environment. That spirit and that fleshly emanation hinders the flow of Life and Power in the church.

I will share a dream that the Lord gave that helped me be prepared for a difficult time that was to come. It served me well then and does now. It is my hope that it will be of some help. Please—I adjure you. Consider these things and strive to not take part in these things. It starts with a revelation and a changed heart. I don’t believe that the Lord gave this dream only for myself.

----There was a great field and in that field were a great many bodies that had been dismembered in the most heinous fashion. Parts and pieces all over. As I was looking at the scene a word came to my mind that described it. It was a word that has no human equivalent, but was a combination of things like horror, disgust and atrocity. I didn't know the word then and I haven't since, but it was a powerful impression. Very powerful and impossible to describe. I woke like a shot from a cannon and said, "Lord, what the heck was that". He said, "that is how I feel when I see my body divided".

The impact that lesson had on me can't be overstated.--------

1Cor. 11:19 For there must also be factions among you, so that those who are approved may become evident among you.

Gal. 5:20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions,

1Cor. 1:10 Now I exhort you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all agree and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be made complete in the same mind and in the same judgment. 11 For I have been informed concerning you, my brethren, by Chloe’s people, that there are quarrels among you. 12 Now I mean this, that each one of you is saying, “I am of Paul,” and “I of Apollos,” and “I of Cephas,” and “I of Christ.” 13 Has Christ been divided? Paul was not crucified for you, was he? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul? 14 I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 so that no one would say you were baptized in my name.

1Cor. 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual men, but as to men of flesh, as to infants in Christ. 2 I gave you milk to drink, not solid food; for you were not yet able to receive it. Indeed, even now you are not yet able, 3 for you are still fleshly. For since there is jealousy and strife among you, are you not fleshly, and are you not walking like mere men? 4 For when one says, “I am of Paul,” and another, “I am of Apollos,” are you not mere men?
How do we avoid "factions" when men have tickling ears?

How do we avoid "factions" when men have tickling ears?
The first step is to pray for a revelation to understand just what it means to 'function' in that spirit of factions or as I like to frame it as the Lord taught me...'speci-ality'. Where 'we' or 'I' am more special than you.
From there, as in any other function of the flesh, avoid it.
In this era of christianity, with so many denominations and such, its not as much about differences as it is attitude.
I was speaking to a pastor lives next door to me last year who had just moved in. I got to talking with him and sensed something was off.
So, I listened to one of his sermons online and it was all about baptism and his view of how it should be done...he said "they say they love God, and yet they do not do this". And this in a mocking tone toward other brethren who do not think as they do.
All that does is cause a rift and is teaching the flock to hold others in disdain.
This is the sort of thing I learned to avoid.

The first step is to pray for a revelation to understand just what it means to 'function' in that spirit of factions or as I like to frame it as the Lord taught me...'speci-ality'. Where 'we' or 'I' am more special than you.
From there, as in any other function of the flesh, avoid it.
In this era of christianity, with so many denominations and such, its not as much about differences as it is attitude.
I was speaking to a pastor lives next door to me last year who had just moved in. I got to talking with him and sensed something was off.
So, I listened to one of his sermons online and it was all about baptism and his view of how it should be done...he said "they say they love God, and yet they do not do this". And this in a mocking tone toward other brethren who do not think as they do.
All that does is cause a rift and is teaching the flock to hold others in disdain.
This is the sort of thing I learned to avoid.
I understand factions...but will they and have they not alway been with us?

I understand factions...but will they and have they not alway been with us?
Yes---from the beginning and more as Christ taught us. The point of this thread is not the factions themselves, but an attitude toward others and that which widens divisiveness between individual members. Even though a brother may disagree with you doctrinally, can you yet remain in unity and behave in such a way? Its a matter of the heart and we all need Christ to help us in that place.

Yes---from the beginning and more as Christ taught us. The point of this thread is not the factions themselves, but an attitude toward others and that which widens divisiveness between individual members. Even though a brother may disagree with you doctrinally, can you yet remain in unity and behave in such a way? Its a matter of the heart and we all need Christ to help us in that place.
I agree...Some issues we can agree to disagree on..that is when the bible doesn't cover it completely and we need to connects dots.

Back