• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Did God highly favor Mary?

TonyChanYT

Sophomore
Reaction score
English Standard Version, Luke 7:

21 In that hour he healed many people of diseases and plagues and evil spirits, and on many who were blind he bestowed sight.
ἐχαρίσατο (echarisato) Verb - Aorist Indicative Middle - 3rd Person Singular Strong's 5483: (a) To show favor to, (b) To pardon, forgive, (c) To show kindness.

BDAG χαρίζομαι:
① to give freely as a favor, give graciously (a common term)
② to cancel a sum of money that is owed, cancel
③ to show oneself gracious by forgiving wrongdoing, forgive, pardon

Strong's Greek: 5483. χαρίζομαι (charizomai) — 23 Occurrences

Amplified Bible:

At that very hour Jesus healed many people of sicknesses and infirmities and evil spirits; and He gave [the gracious gift of] sight to many who were blind.
There was another Greek word for meaning #1. New International Version, Luke 1:

28 The angel went to her and said, “Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.”
English Standard Version:

And he came to her and said, “Greetings, O favored one, the Lord is with you!”
Strong's Greek: 5487. χαριτόω (charitoó) — 2 Occurrences

G5487 was not used as commonly as G5483. Both verbs had the prefix χαρί, meaning grace and favor.

BDAG χαριτόω:

to cause to be the the recipient of a benefit, bestow favor on, favor highly, bless.
Luke continued:

29 But she was greatly perplexed at what he said, and kept carefully considering what kind of greeting this was. 30 The angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God.
G5485 noun: χάρις, grace, favor.

With respect to the virgin birth, Mary was highly and uniquely favored by God.

G5487 also appeared in (NIV) Ephesians 1:

5 [God] predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— 6 to the praise of his glorious [δόξης] grace [χάριτος], which he has freely given [G5487] us in the One he loves.
Christians are G5487-highly-favored.

Was Mary highly favored (G5487) by God or just regularly favored (G5483)?

With respect to the virgin birth, God uniquely and highly favored (G5487) Mary. With respect to sonship adoption, predestined Christians are also highly favored (G5487).

Why does it say she is blessed?

Lk 1:28 And the angel entered to her, and said, Hail, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed be thou among women.
Wycliffe Bible

Thanks

Why does it say she is blessed?

Lk 1:28 And the angel entered to her, and said, Hail, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed be thou among women.
Wycliffe Bible

Thanks
She was chosen by God to give birth to the Son of God

No my question is this

Before consenting to be the mother of God.
Before consenting to our salvation.Lk 1:38

The angel already said she was blessed! Lk 1:28

Why was she blessed?

No my question is this

Why was she blessed?

Her blessedness was due to the immaculate conception lk 1:49
Thanks for the reference. This is how to do referencing and quotation in a scholarly manner:
  1. Display and indent the relevant text.
  2. Selectively bold the particular keywords that are important to your point. There is no need to bold the entire sentence. Have a laser-sharp focus.
  3. Be concise and precise to the point. No need to quote the whole paragraph.
I do this for others who read my posts. It is a standard high-school scholarship. If you practice this, I guarantee it will sharpen your analytical thinking. In any case, no one is required to do it. I prefer to debate with people who do.

Her blessedness was due to the immaculate conception lk 1:49
By "Immaculate conception" do you refer to the fact of Jesus virgin birth, or the notion that Mary was also born of a virgin, or that Mary was born sinless, or what? What do you have, besides the supposed authority of the magisterium, that says so?

No my question is this

Why was she blessed?
Its what God does best bless dying sinners giving them a new spirit that will never die .

Why do you think God performed a blessing of mercy on our blessed sister in the Lord Mary which caused her to be highly favored blessing empowering the recipient of a benefit, bestow favor on, favor highly, bless. Out of all the sinners in the world Mary our sister in the lord was blessed just a Abel in who our invisible father had favor on just like with you or any born again child of God

Eulogizing the dying flesh of Mary only show the same Spirit of Christ faith that work in Jerimiah when the atheist Jewish women Lib demanding his and hers gods with full consent form the hen pecked husbands .When the invisible head

Jeremiah 44:15 Then all the men which knew that their wives had burned incense unto other gods, and all the women that stood by, a great multitude, even all the people that dwelt in the land of Egypt, in Pathros, answered Jeremiah, saying, As for the word (sola scriptura) that thou hast spoken unto us in the name of the Lord, we will not hearken unto thee. But we will certainly do whatsoever thing goeth forth out of our own mouth, to burn incense unto the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her, as we have done, we, and our fathers, our kings, and our princes, in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem: for then had we plenty of victuals, and were well, and saw no evil

The birth of the "queen of heaven" a oral tradition of dying mankind. Female gods in the likeness of dying mankind .Called by some patrons saints. Male and female gods as disembodied workers with a familial spirit. There hope make sola scriptura without effect

Why do you think they saw no evil in rejecting sola scriptura).?

Kings in Israel its never ben a men's only club those two walls one that separates Jewish men from Jewish woman. Woman not allowed to participate and another wall that separated the Jew from the gentile

At the time of the first century reformation those wall came down all of the families of God could worship together. we worship our one unseen head Holy Father

Thanks for the reference. This is how to do referencing and quotation in a scholarly manner:
  1. Display and indent the relevant text.
  2. Selectively bold the particular keywords that are important to your point. There is no need to bold the entire sentence. Have a laser-sharp focus.
  3. Be concise and precise to the point. No need to quote the whole paragraph.
I do this for others who read my posts. It is a standard high-school scholarship. If you practice this, I guarantee it will sharpen your analytical thinking. In any case, no one is required to do it. I prefer to debate with people who do.
Never claimed to be a scholar sorry

By "Immaculate conception" do you refer to the fact of Jesus virgin birth, or the notion that Mary was also born of a virgin, or that Mary was born sinless, or what? What do you have, besides the supposed authority of the magisterium, that says so?
Ineffabilis Deus
The Immaculate Conception
Pope Pius IX - 1854

“We declare, pronounce, and define that the doctrine which holds that the most Blessed Virgin Mary, in the first instance of her conception, by a singular grace and privilege granted by Almighty God, in view of the merits of Jesus Christ, the Savior of the human race, was preserved free from all stain of original sin, is a doctrine revealed by God and therefore to be believed firmly and constantly by all the faithful.”

Gen 3:15 I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy seed and her seed: she shall crush thy head, and thou shalt lie in wait for her heel.
(Enmities total war, none of satan’s works found in Her immaculate purity)

Lk 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, Mary full of Grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
(Immaculate purity, full of grace, blessed)

Lk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
(Mary must have immaculate purity)

Lk 1:47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. (Preserved from all sin in virtue of the merits of the blood of the savior who is Her son)

Lk 1:49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.
(Immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus)

Song of Solomon 4:1 Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes within thy locks: thy hair is as a flock of goats, that appear from mount Gilead.

Rev 12:1 a woman clothed with the sun.
(Immaculate purity)

Mary is the adversary of satan according to scripture

Gen 3:15 I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy seed and her seed: she shall crush thy head, and thou shalt lie in wait for her heel.

(“Enmities” or total war, none of satan’s works found in Her immaculate purity)

Rev 12 is Gen 3:15 writ large!

It is complete Impossible to give too much honor, veneration, or devotion to Mary most holy!

Mary all powerful advocate!
Help of Christian’s!

Mary ever virgin, mother of God, is all powerful in her prayers!

Mary’s prayers are all powerful not cos she is God but because her son is God!

and on becoming man He (Jesus) obeyed his own commandments

you might check out the one that says “honor Thy father and mother”

“My hour has not come”

Jn 2
The time set by almighty God for the public ministry of Christ had not come, Jesus Christ still performed the miracle cos his mother interceded, thus a higher law, “honor thy father and mother” if ANYONE else asked it would NOT have been done! The answer was no! But He honored His mother!

and cos of her intercession the disciples believed in Him!
Jn 2:11

There is another point that Jesus is making when he says: what does it have to do with you and me? My hour hath not yet come. Indicating that when “His hour” does come Mary will have a prominent role to play. See Lk 2:35

Christ shares His glory with His saints.

Jn 17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

Rom 2:10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, (Lk1:45)

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Romans 8:30
Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

2 Thessalonians 1:10
When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

1 pet 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

Rom 13:7 honor Mary!

Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

Lk 1:48 “all generations (Christians) shall call me blessed”!

If a man Honors his wife, and asks her to help him, and is Devoted to her, and gives her Veneration he MUST be worshipping her including adoration! Right?

Praise of Mary and the saints redounds to the glory of God and Christ, cos Mary and the saints are what God made them, it is His handiwork (Lk 1:49 Lk 1:28) and the graces they have received come from the merits of Christ’s passion and death. Jesus Christ is the source of all grace! Jn 1:16-17

Likewise an Attack on Mary and the saints, or the authority of the apostles or the apostolic church or the truths and doctrines revealed by Christ and taught by His one, holy, catholic & apostolic church is an attack on God and on Christ! And His teaching authority in the church by the successors of the apostles!
Acts 9:4 Eph 5:32

2 Thessalonians 1:10
When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

Ineffabilis Deus
The Immaculate Conception
Pope Pius IX - 1854

“We declare, pronounce, and define that the doctrine which holds that the most Blessed Virgin Mary, in the first instance of her conception, by a singular grace and privilege granted by Almighty God, in view of the merits of Jesus Christ, the Savior of the human race, was preserved free from all stain of original sin, is a doctrine revealed by God and therefore to be believed firmly and constantly by all the faithful.”

(Enmities total war, none of satan’s works found in Her immaculate purity)

Lk 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, Mary full of Grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
(Immaculate purity, full of grace, blessed)

Lk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
(Mary must have immaculate purity)

Lk 1:47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. (Preserved from all sin in virtue of the merits of the blood of the savior who is Her son)

Lk 1:49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.
(Immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus)

Song of Solomon 4:1 Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes within thy locks: thy hair is as a flock of goats, that appear from mount Gilead.

Rev 12:1 a woman clothed with the sun.
(Immaculate purity)
This is amazing. Taking liberties with Scripture and declaring such carelessness (to put it kindly) as truth equal to Scripture

Mary is the adversary of satan according to scripture

Gen 3:15 I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy seed and her seed: she shall crush thy head, and thou shalt lie in wait for her heel
Our sister in the lord Mary identifies herself through the incorruptible seed (sola scripture) Marvel not dying mankind must be born agin of the water of the word the doctrine that fall from heaven not inspired from Rome

1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

The woman the bride of Christ in Genesis 3. The father striking the Son of man bruising his heel crushing the head of the serpent. Again given in Isaiah 53. . two wording as one. The unseen invisible head. our Father working in the son of man Jesus . The work of two visable by one dying mankind jesus. The Father put the disciples asleep three times to fulfil the promise of two working as one

.Its called the gospel .

Why do you think its called the gospel ?

This is amazing. Taking liberties with Scripture and declaring such carelessness (to put it kindly) as truth equal to Scripture
Dogma is the revealed truth of Christ or the Christian faith!

Some of the apostles wrote some of the revealed truth in scripture but the apostolic authority of the church decided the New Testament cannon not scripture alone!

Tradition (oral teaching) every word the apostles heard from the mouth of Christ in person for three years

So the church does not require sacred scripture to know the truth!

Thks

Back