• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Christ's mission on behalf of man.

Carbon

Admin
Reaction score
Faith
Reformed
Country
USA
Marital status
Married
Politics
Conservative
Yes, scripture support for Christ's mission on behalf of man.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16.

I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world. John 6:51.

To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. 2 Cor 5:19.

And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. 1 John 2:2.

These verses deal with Christ's mission on behalf of man. The word "world" here refers to human beings, the human race being the object of God's love and benevolence. This does not mean that god loves every single individual ever born, nor does it mean Christ imparts spiritual life to every person.

If it was meant for the whole world, every individual, why didn't Jesus pray for everyone? I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine. John 17:9.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16.

I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world. John 6:51.

To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. 2 Cor 5:19.

And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. 1 John 2:2.

These verses deal with Christ's mission on behalf of man. The word "world" here refers to human beings, the human race being the object of God's love and benevolence. This does not mean that god loves every single individual ever born, nor does it mean Christ imparts spiritual life to every person.

If it was meant for the whole world, every individual, why didn't Jesus pray for everyone? I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine. John 17:9.
Its a sad thing that billions claim to be Jesus' followers, yet Few even know what he taught. The biggest problem is that blind guides tell all--you are saved-yet they do not know. But-those believe it and do little to bother learning all that Jesus commanded. And those same blind guides do not bother teaching all that Jesus commanded proving they are not his teachers, but these-2 Cor 11:12-15)--These teachers that do this Matt 28:19-20 are the teachers who have Jesus. True followers learn and apply-ALL that Jesus commanded.

Proof no mortal knows if another is saved--1) He has NEVER seen a single name written in Gods book of life-2) He cannot read another's true heart-3) He hasn't a clue who will endure living now to do Jesus Fathers will( Matt 7:21) over their own will in this satan ruled system all the way until their end.( Matt 10:22)- I say RUN FROM THEM.

Jesus ransom opened the door( narrow gate)to all, yet he teaches FEW will find that road that leads off into life.

This is just about a Perfect Post...

Matt 7:13-14
Ok walk me through it as to how it is meant to all.

If you don’t mind, would you start by telling me what or who the gate symbolizes?

Thanks

Last edited:
Its a sad thing that billions claim to be Jesus' followers, yet Few even know what he taught.
Unfortunately, that's the state of a lot of professed Christians today. People call themselves Christian but really have no clue what it's all about.
The biggest problem is that blind guides tell all--you are saved-yet they do not know.
Just by the name itself "blind guides" proves they don't know.
But-those believe it and do little to bother learning all that Jesus commanded.
Agreed. Many Christians do not even attend church.
And those same blind guides do not bother teaching all that Jesus commanded proving they are not his teachers,
Of course. Bey hey, they are blind guides. Should you expect different?

but these-2 Cor 11:12-15)--These teachers that do this Matt 28:19-20 are the teachers who have Jesus.
Huh?

True followers learn and apply-ALL that Jesus commanded.
Okay.
Proof no mortal knows if another is saved--1) He has NEVER seen a single name written in Gods book of life-2) He cannot read another's true heart-3) He hasn't a clue who will endure living now to do Jesus Fathers will( Matt 7:21) over their own will in this satan ruled system all the way until their end.( Matt 10:22)- I say RUN FROM THEM.
And how do we recognize these blind guides again?

Jesus ransom opened the door( narrow gate)to all, yet he teaches FEW will find that road that leads off into life.
Still waiting for you to answer this?

The world of His Sheep. He specifically gives them Life as proposed Jn 6:51

51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Stated a different way here Jn 6:33

For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.
Giveth life here is a present active participle, He is giving this world life, spiritual life
Then later the world is specifically identified in Jn 10:10-11

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

For the sheep here is in sync with for the life of the world in Jn 6:51

Thats the world God so Loved, and Christ did Pray for and gave Himself for.

Ok walk me through it as to how it is meant to all.

If you don’t mind, would you start by telling me what or who the gate symbolizes?

Thanks
Jesus is the way, the truth and the life no one comes to the Father but through him= The Father is ones destination. The Gate = Learning and applying all that Jesus taught= the way. Matt 28:19-20--John 14:15--

Unfortunately, that's the state of a lot of professed Christians today. People call themselves Christian but really have no clue what it's all about.

Just by the name itself "blind guides" proves they don't know.

Agreed. Many Christians do not even attend church.

Of course. Bey hey, they are blind guides. Should you expect different?

Huh?

Okay.

And how do we recognize these blind guides again?

Still waiting for you to answer this?
Its very simple to know if ones teacher has Jesus or is a blind guide. The teachers that have Jesus teach-ALL that Jesus commanded to the flock without fail--Jesus taught-Man does not live by bread alone, but by EVERY utterance from God) = OT-NT over and over year after year. My teachers accomplish it for 0 pay. So any can look at their teacher right now and see if they belong to Jesus.

A man named Joel Osteen, stands on the tv tickling ears for $$$, tells all-say 3 lines of prayer with me and you are saved= a blind guide. He doesn't know those people and if their hearts are wicked in Gods view--Yet they believe him but will assuredly hear these words as judgement-Matt 7:22-23--Because they didn't bother to learn Jesus' Fathers will( Matt 7:21)= OT-NT. Every utterance-learned and applied to the best of ones ability is how one will get saved. Not by a mortal telling one-you are saved.

Last edited:

I would say that God does love all His creatures but not their sin. As to the Lord praying for just those the Father had given Him, that is the first part of His prayer specifically about them, then He goes on to pray for all those who would believe on Him through their word. (John 17: 20 - 26)

I would say that God does love all His creatures but not their sin.
Respectfully, I disagree. God doesn't cast their sins into hell eventually, but the person.
As to the Lord praying for just those the Father had given Him, that is the first part of His prayer specifically about them, then He goes on to pray for all those who would believe on Him through their word. (John 17: 20 - 26)
Depends how you look at it, and from what perspective. IMO Man's way, or the biblical way. :)

Respectfully, I disagree. God doesn't cast their sins into hell eventually, but the person.

Depends how you look at it, and from what perspective. IMO Man's way, or the biblical way. :)
I think we are agreeing. God does cast the person into hell.

Its very simple to know if ones teacher has Jesus or is a blind guide. The teachers that have Jesus teach-ALL that Jesus commanded to the flock without fail--Jesus taught-Man does not live by bread alone, but by EVERY utterance from God) = OT-NT over and over year after year. My teachers accomplish it for 0 pay. So any can look at their teacher right now and see if they belong to Jesus.
You keep saying stuff like this, why? And below you pick out one teacher that does not. Now, pick out one that does.

A man named Joel Osteen, stands on the tv tickling ears for $$$, tells all-say 3 lines of prayer with me and you are saved= a blind guide. He doesn't know those people and if their hearts are wicked in Gods view--Yet they believe him but will assuredly hear these words as judgement-Matt 7:22-23--Because they didn't bother to learn Jesus' Fathers will( Matt 7:21)= OT-NT.

Every utterance-learned and applied to the best of ones ability is how one will get saved.
Explain a little. Because it sounds quite unbiblical.
Not by a mortal telling one-you are saved.
I agree here.

You keep saying stuff like this, why? And below you pick out one teacher that does not. Now, pick out one that does.

Explain a little. Because it sounds quite unbiblical.

I agree here.
The JW,s are taught EVERY utterance from God without fail.
Jesus said--Those who live to do his Fathers will get to enter his kingdom( Matt 7:21--That will is--Man does not live by bread alone but by EVERY utterance from God.

First the JW system is not infallible. Second, the Bible does not recognize the system as a Christian system. Third, this is the wrong section to discuss JW theology
Jesus said--Those who live to do his Fathers will get to enter his kingdom( Matt 7:21--That will is--Man does not live by bread alone but by EVERY utterance from God.
Not quite. “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Jesus ransom opened the door( narrow gate)to all,
No, you're incorrect. Jesus ransom bought His people, it didn't open the door to all. His redemption was particular, not universal.
yet he teaches FEW will find that road that leads off into life.
Which by this you mean only those in the WTS are saved.

There is no way you know that every JW has been taught errant WTS doctrine without fail. You're romanticizing the effectiveness of your cult.
Jesus said--Those who live to do his Fathers will get to enter his kingdom
Show us where this is word for word in Scripture.
( Matt 7:21--That will is--Man does not live by bread alone but by EVERY utterance from God.
Show us from Matthew 7:21 where it shows this in and by that exact text and in its context.

Back